Job Title: ManufacturingTechnician I
Department / Division: Cosmetics / Manufacturing
Location: Ada, MI
What’s special about this job:
This high-volume plant provides the opportunity to learn, develop and grow into multiple skill sets across a variety of roles with training and development opportunities available in the versatile flow-to-work environment. As a Manufacturing Technician in the plant, you will be part of a collaborative team, learning all aspects of the plant’s operations. This role will have a focused career progression with a skill development system that allows for multiple avenues to promotion.
The Cosmetics department is a GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) facility that produces products that fall under the definition of a drug which subjects us to standards that meet the requirement of the United States FDA (Food and Drug Administration) and other equivalent agencies around the globe. This position offers the capability of either working four 10-hour shift or five 8-hour shifts. For five days a week, work hours would be 3:00pm -11:00pm Monday through Friday. For four days a week, work hours would be 3:00pm-1:00am Monday - Thursday
How you would contribute to the role:
This proactive culture provides you the opportunity to learn all functional areas within the Cosmetics Plant. You will learn and develop in a packaging environment: filling bottles, jars, tubes, connecting product delivery systems and interacting with the Warehouse Operations. As you develop in your career, you will train other team members on proper standards and operating procedures and will provide peer feedback to team members.
What skills and background will be important to be successful:
- Strong attention to detail/safety with high level of accuracy, organizational, and time management skills
- Ability to problem solve and take initiative with strong communication skills and team-focus
- Accountability for trust and follow through on commitments with team members
- The drive to understand the root cause of issues, develop and enhance processes with willingness to adapt to different approaches, ideas, tools, techniques, and processes
- Prior experience with manufacturing or working in a warehouse environment, machine troubleshooting and repairing manufacturing equipment is a plus
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- High School diploma