Interventional Radiology Technologist - Interventional Radiology * Days - 24hrs/wk
Requisition #: req300
FTE status: 0.6
As a member of the Interventional Radiology Team this individual is responsible for assisting with various radiology vascular and non vascular procedures that require independent judgment, knowledge and administration of ionizing radiation to patients. Responsible to be available for an equal share of on call responsibility and available within the prescribed time limits as assigned.
- Satisfactory completion of formal radiographic technology program in an AMA-approved school and successful completion of board registry by ARRT.
- Preferably a member of either ASRT or MSRT or both.
- BLS certified.
- Interventional Radiology Certification preferred.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Oversees the daily schedule, helps to resolves conflicts and works with the radiology charge nurse, radiology physician assistant, and interventional radiologist to accommodate same day add on patients when possible.
- Interacts with management, radiologists and staff to assure quality and customer service is provided at highest levels possible. Interacts with radiologists to update protocols and communicates changes to all team members. (Pillar Goal, Patient Satisfaction)
- Responsible for department inventory and any special order items using the assistance of the purchasing coordinator.
- Schedules and monitors all equipment for preventive maintenance and repair for the their area.
- Assists with the training/orientation of new staff.
- Understand and practice the principles of radiologic medicine to include: Recognizes and applies the appropriate prep for each exam performed, Ability to perform the correct filming sequence and injection rates and Understands the effect of manipulation and centering and applications of these settings for each anatomical part imaged. Also provides and utilizes proper radiation protection for patient and other staff members in accordance with prescribed safety Standards set forth by Michigan Department of Health and OSHA rulings.
- Ability to assemble the appropriate sterile and non-sterile equipment setup for each procedure. Adept in practices of sterile technique and prevents cross contamination
- Manages femoral, brachial, internal jugular vascular sites for hemostasis.
- Assists with patient care activities and provides for patient comfort in all areas.
- Utilizes computer skills to create patient log, retrieve and review electronic medical record and input patient charges.
- Performs other duties as needed or assigned, to include working within the RT (2260) job description as issued by radiology.