Job title: Senior Buyer
Department / Company: Supplier Performance Team / Amway
Location: Ada, MI
What’s special about this job:
The Supplier Performance Team is a talented team responsible for ensuring suppliers are meeting Amway performance expectations and supply chain goals. The team supports categories including raw materials, components, and finished good buyouts used by our Manufacturing operations in the United States, China, India and Vietnam.
As a Senior Buyer, you will support and help influence strategies and optimize supply chain performance with the supply base. This role reports directly to the Manager of Supplier Performance in Ada. If you have a desire to be an integral part in supplier development and impact the bottom line of Amway, this could be a good fit for you.
How you would contribute to the role:
Your focus will be supporting enterprise priority projects for our America’s region with a focus on finished goods. Your role will be a combination of strategy and problem solving. You will lead proactive supplier performance reviews with a focus on improving on-time, quality and lead time through the development of joint action plans. You will set clear expectations with suppliers and partner with them to drive continuous improvement.
Your problem-solving skills will be utilized to alleviate and minimize any supply impact to operations. With a focus on proactive supplier performance management, you will work with suppliers to develop plans to drive supply chain improvements and avoid supply chain interruptions. You will partner with numerous cross-functional teams throughout the supply chain organization to achieve goals. A limited amount of travel will be required for this role. Your ability to lead and influence teams and manage supplier relationships will continue to drive our business forward.
What skills and background will be important to be successful:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering or a related field
- A minimum of 4 years industry related experience
- Ability to be an effective, strategic decision maker and see the bigger picture
- Strong ability to influence and work with internal and external business partners
- Ability to guide and provide informal leadership to cross-functional teams
- Strong organizational, analytical, problem-solving, and strategic thinking skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications and experience with JDE or Tableau is a plus
This role is "Not" eligible for Sponsorship.
If you can see yourself as part of this collaborative environment, visit our web site to apply: www.amway.jobs