Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a sales leader for the Global Automotive business in the North America region. The leader will be responsible for driving awareness and adoption of workloads on AWS’s global cloud computing platform across the automotive industry, with a deep focus on the largest global automotive OEMs and major Tier1 suppliers.
Would you like to create business strategies and continue to build a team focused on increasing awareness and adoption of AWS? Do you have the business savvy, automotive sales experience and the technical background necessary to help further establish AWS as a leading cloud platform provider within this high growth market?
As an Automotive Global Sales Leader, you will have the exciting opportunity to help drive the growth and shape the future of emerging technologies into an industry that is facing significant disruption and transformation. Your responsibilities will include growing and managing a highly talented sales team focused on driving revenue, adoption, and market awareness in this market segment. This includes developing and accelerating the most effective go-to-market strategies, and collaborating with the Commercial Sales, Public Policy, Legal, Marketing, Contracts and Executive leadership along the way.
The ideal candidate will possess a sales management background that enables them to lead a team of senior enterprise sale representatives with engagements at the CXO level. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have significant experience in leading technical sellers, who work as part of a broader team with solution architects, customer solution managers, industry specialists and more.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Leads a broad team of sales reps who manage accounts of significant size, depth, and complexity specifically focused on the automotive industry.
· Continues to hire and build out a high performance enterprise sales team with cloud technology and automotive industry expertise.
· Ensures clarity in assignment of sales territories / customer account, setting goals and quota, pipeline development, and ensure proper training and enablement programs for the entire sales team.
· Builds a team culture focused on long-term strategic relationships with key accounts, ensuring AWS’s customer obsession culture remains at the forefront of team’s focus.
· Aligns multiple stakeholders and lines of business in and across automotive accounts that required complex decision making process, including multiple company executives across both the customer and AWS. Role requires influencing and orchestrating sales activities and teams across multiple geographies.
· Deeply understands the opportunities within the automotive customers and their business needs and finds new ways to articulate these as commercial constructs. Represents customer needs and helps define product requirements to improve adoption and overall customer satisfaction.
· Negotiates critical relationships and agreements with automotive customers, suppliers or other external partners at the higher levels. May acts as the escalation point for non-standard agreement terms, including need to employ higher level management to help close agreement.
· Operates with significant autonomy and discretion, taking actions to resolve problems on behalf of their team and/or issues that are impeding the business. Regularly provides learning and expertise that influences broader automotive industry cloud adoption.
· Interacts with senior management or executive levels to gain support for items that require escalation while writing convincing and professional documents that require limited direction on matters of importance to company or customers, reviews and provides feedback and coaching to members of the team for the same.
· Builds credibility with, earns the trust of, and influences C-level client contacts and internal stakeholders.
· Influential with executive-level leadership. May be required to speak externally or otherwise evangelize AWS platform, services and customers across the automotive industry more broadly.
· Moderate travel may be expected, both within Americas as well as internationally.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· BS level degree or equivalent experience
· 5+ years managing technical, customer-facing resources
· 10+ years of technology related sales, technology consulting, or business development experience supporting Automotive OEM industry customers
Incremental to all basic qualifications, the below are preferred:
· Cloud sales experience
· Experience influencing key stakeholders at C-level
· Proven experience with consistent territory growth and quota obtainment
· Extensive customer network
· Experience with partner ecosystem supporting automotive industry
· Global experience across countries with automotive industry concentrations
· Extensive experience in leading complex commercial organizations, specifically providing technology solutions for Automotive OEM industry customers.
· Demonstrable experience driving growth through and with cross-functions including Sales, Marketing and Segmentation, Channel and Partner Development, Legal and other organizations
· High degree of proficiency in negotiating legal agreements and contract terms with external parties.
· Substantial experience working with transformative technology including cloud, IoT, business intelligence, analytics, etc.