Job title: Sr. Software Engineer – Automation
Team: Americas IT
Salary Range: $90k and up, plus Bonus
Location: Ada, MI (Corporate)
What do we need:
We are looking for a Sr. Software Developer to develop innovative applications for the Americas Market.
What’s special about this team:
The America’s IT Commerce team plays an integral role in delivering solutions directly for our customers and colleagues throughout North, Central and South America. You will be joining a team of Developers, Solution Architects, and Business Systems Analysts that are making transformative changes throughout the Americas region. You would be reporting to one of our Managers of ABO and Customer Solutions (a fancy way of saying Software Development Manager).
How you would contribute to the role:
You will work on a team that is responsible for developing, implementing and supporting the Commerce platform used within the Americas Region. The team you’d be joining has a lot of interaction with the other development teams due to the shared services they are responsible for.
You’ll be asked to do the following:
- Work with business application owners to develop business requirements and to design, develop, and implement appropriate solutions.
- Focus on improving automation of testing practices for the team.
- Think strategically, recommending opportunities for continuous improvement and innovation. Then working with America’s technical leadership (EA, integration) to realize them.
- Translate project specifications into detailed technical specifications.
- Provide technical leadership for large complex projects including both internal and contract resources.
Here’s your stack:
- JUnit, WireMock, and other testing tools
- Rest API Gateway
- Jira and Confluence
In this role, you will be working with a variety of applications and services to help our Distributors. You’ll get to work on one of the most progressive teams here at Amway, and you’ll have the support to progress in your software development career and beyond.
What’s in it for you?
In this role, you’ll get to explore what it means to help push an organization towards DevOps, daily code delivery, and autoscaling. You will be supporting a massive market for Amway and as such will have the opportunity to do some extremely impactful things. We’ve been making tremendous strides to enhance our product offerings, and the customer-facing solutions you’ll be working on will have purpose. This is an area within the Region that will receive significant investment moving forward.
More than that, we are committed to helping you grow as a Developer through paired programming with technology experts, and structured classes if necessary.
This is the right fit for you if:
- You have multiple years of Software Development, Software Engineering, Coding, or Programming experience, and have a passion for automation.
- You are comfortable being having a leading role on a team of talented developers.
- You have experience developing with APIs to connect systems.
- You have exposure to developing AWS or Microsoft Azure based applications
*This role is not eligible for sponsorship*