Night Replenishment Managers (NRM) are members of the store leadership team and oversees freight handling activities. NRMs supervise the freight unload, pack out, and pack down processes. NRMs communicate priorities, ensure nightly tasks are completed, and freight is moving smoothly throughout the store. This position will be expected to teach, coach, and train associates on The Home Depot policies and procedures and ensure all associates are working in a safe manner all the time. At times, NRMs may be the only Manager available and will be expected to make business and associate decisions in partnership with appropriate resources and following SOPs. NRMs will provide input to Store Manager and Assistant Store Managers on Associates performance through the ongoing performance management and talent planning discussions. Although the NRM does not have direct reports, they will participate in the selection process as needed. Each associate has the responsibility of providing a safe working environment by following all safety policies & standards, completing specified safety training, immediately correcting hazards & unsafe conditions and working safely as to not endanger themselves, co-workers, vendors, or customers.
- 25% - People - Provide in the moment coaching based on observations and behavior. Partners with Night Operations ASMs regarding formal performance conversations and discipline. Recognizes associates for demonstrating expectations. Use recognition tools (BRAVO / Homer) to highlight associates demonstrating values-based behaviors and productivity. Conduct quality walks of recently completed tasks. Walk off-shelf merchandising locations; ensure areas are set according to MAP or regional direction. Ensure associates have completed training requirements of position. Give input to Night Operations ASM on associate performance and participate in talent planning for all hourly associates. Assist SM and Night Operations ASM with associate interview and hiring process. Approve and address missed punches, variances, schedule changes, receive "call outs" and communicate with Night Operations ASM and SM regarding follow-up actions. Communicate and ensure associates adhere to store standards. Adhere to all Company policies and procedures and holds associates accountable for the same.
- 25% - Replenishment - Partner with Night Operations ASM to determine responsibilities to drive efficiencies and overnight productivity. Direct supervision of the Consistent Unload, Directed Packout, and Purge Pack down processes. Execute Quality Walks to ensure associates are completing the Packout process correctly. Ensure all trucks and trailers are received and unloaded timely and efficiently. Ensure all freight is packed out or placed in overhead quickly and efficiently. Ensure that all trash is cleaned up and the store is Grand Opening ready at the end of the shift. Prioritize and communicate messages and tasks to all associates and leaders in store.
- 25% - Safety - Ensure associates follow all safety and hazmat procedures and Safety Matters guidelines at all times. Complete specified safety training courses applicable to role and follow all prevention policies and procedures. Use Proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and guide associates on proper use. Utilize proper lifting techniques and educate store associates on these practices. Obey the required safe distances around Lift Equipment and guide other associates on the correct policies. Adhere to work rules identified in Standard Operating Procedures and inform store associates on these rules. Immediately correct unsafe conditions and offer assistance to customers who are shopping in an unsafe manner; ensure that aisles and flooring surfaces are safe. Ensure associates complete all store checklist in accordance with timing expectations. Provide input to associates, verify issue correction, and preventative action in put in place. Recognize store associates for safe behavior.
- 25% - Shared Manager On Duty - Perform Closing and MOD tasking as well as other whole store focus responsibilities. Conduct hand-off walk with the prior MOD before their shift ends; identify areas for focus or follow-up. Validate daily store priorities with ASMs and SMs. Ensure associates complete all store checklists in accordance with timing expectations. Provide input to associates, verify issue correction, and preventative action is put in place. Make sure all equipment and machines are functioning properly. Review current and upcoming events and ads to determine if any action is required; partner with appropriate DS or ASM as required.
Direct Manager/Direct Reports:
- This Position typically reports to Store Manager
- This Position has 0 Direct Reports
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, and lifting material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diploma and/or GED.
Minimum Years of Work Experience:
Preferred Years of Work Experience:
Minimum Leadership Experience:
Preferred Leadership Experience:
- Action Oriented
- Directs Work
- Builds Effective Teams
- Drives Engagement