Patient Registration Team Coordinator - Patient Registration * Evenings - 40hrs/wk.
Requisition #: req516
FTE status: 1
This position will have 8 hour shifts from 4:00 p.m. - 12:30 a.m and will be in the Emergency Department.
Under the direct supervision of the Patient Access Manager, the team coordinator is responsible for the day to day planning, operation, and work distribution of the team.
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent required.
- College Education or Patient Access experience: 1-2 years preferred.
- Certified Healthcare Associate Certification (CHAA) required or obtained within one year of accepting position.
- Medical Terminology preferred.
- Medical coding/billing knowledge preferred (ICD-9/10 and CPT)
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responsible to distribute and prioritize daily work assignments.
- Responsible to maintain appropriate staffing levels.
- Assist Manager with the day-to-day operational aspects and represents Manager when not available.
- Responsible for registration aligning with the duties of a team coordinator.
- Serves as a primary liaison regarding registration issues.
- Coaches and provides feedback to build a culture of safety.
- Documents all interactions with staff on issues.
- Assists manager with annual employee evaluations, performance conversations and employee work plans.
- Responsible to maintain a working knowledge of Federal, State and local laws and regulations that impact areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for monthly QA stats.
- Other duties as assigned.
Category: Heath Care, Admin & Clerical, Customer Service