Athletic Trainer - Beltline * Days - 40 hrs/wk (SIGN-ON BONUS ELIGIBLE)
As an Athletic Trainer, this position functions under the supervision of Sports Medicine Physicians and Sports Medicine Administration Manager to evaluate and treats patients in a school setting. Attends Sport Clinics and extends service to other designated area high schools and colleges as directed. Responsible for day to day operations of the Athletic Training Room. Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served through Metro Health Sports Medicine programming.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from CAATE accredited program in Athletic Training.
- Certified Athletic Trainer by the National Athletic Trainers’ Association Board of Certification (NATABOC).
- State Athletic Training Licensure.
- Maintain current CPR certification.
- Familiarity with NCAA, NAIA, NJCAA, or MHSAA governing rules.
- Knowledge of billing systems, Quality Management, and overall clinic operations.
- 2 years of relevant work experience with demonstrated ability to function in a fast-paced, unpredictable healthcare environment.
- Excellent Customer Service, verbal and written communication, organizational and time management skills required.
- Ability to function independently with minimal supervision.
- Must possess strong administrative/secretarial skills.
- Ability to operate equipment including, but not limited to, PC, Printer, copy machine and FAX machine.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with computer programs including, but not limited to: Microsoft Office (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint), ImPact, and EPIC.
- Prefer work experience in a sports medicine clinic, high school or collegiate athletic training, and/or fitness screening through Wellness Program.
Category: Health Care
- Supervises training room. Triages injured individuals to facilitate best outcomes for injury management. Initiates the history documentation of patient. Evaluates injuries and provides rehabilitative treatment as determined by team or family physician. Administers therapy procedures directed toward specific rehabilitation goals.
- Maintains medical record for each patient treated according to department policies. Provides emergency care follow-up for injuries. Participates in Sports Clinics on weekdays and weekends and provides holiday patient coverage as scheduled. Assists in coverage of patients when other staff members are absent. Provides coverage for own patients prior to scheduled leave. Schedules patients for services at the clinic, including coordinate and schedule physical examinations and medical referrals for student recreational athletes to determine their ability to practice and compete. Registers patients for clinical services as required.
- Provide coverage of all practices and sporting events at the school.
- Assist with weight room coverage and team work out plans as needed.
- Develops own clinical skills through participation and contribution to department activities. Functions as a patient advocate and maintains patient confidentiality. Develops and implements Quality Management programming for the department.
- Maintains and purchases equipment as needed for school clinic.
- Provides day to day leadership and direction for clinical operations. Performs diversified secretarial and administrative duties of a highly confidential nature. This daily responsibility includes, but is not limited to, formatting and typing correspondence, reports, educational materials, orientation documents, promotional materials and policies; scheduling rooms and reserving resources for meetings and journal clubs; transcribing meeting minutes; and filing.
- Coordinates coverage schedule for physicians for pro-teams, colleges, schools, and community events. Liaise with schools to coordinate physicals and main event coverage. Maintain contracts with events, colleges and pro-teams.
- Maintains and updates Emergency Action Plans. Updates handouts; prints materials. Coordinates delivery of materials for race packets. Coordinates/ manages event supply bins, other race supplies, breakfast, etc. for races. Manage event schedule: prep meetings, expos, race day. Coordinate with marketing for race materials Conference planning. Assists director with generating various reports as requested.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service behaviors consistent with organizational and departmental standards. Consistently promotes teamwork and direct communication with co-workers. Deals discretely and sensitively with confidential information.
Requisition #: req5355FTE status: 1