A brilliant little chef once said, “If you are what you eat, then I only want to eat the good stuff”
Well, here at One Twenty Three Tavern, we only want to make the good stuff. Studio C is looking for food and fun loving Line Cooks to join our team at One Twenty Three Tavern and help make “good food that is like music you can taste, and color you can smell”!
Our Line Cooks will report to the Head Chef and work alongside our culinary and back of house team to help create both beautiful and delicious meals at One Twenty Three, in the heart of downtown Grand Rapids! Our restaurant is a state-of-the-art facility with a full kitchen and bar which is adjacent to Celebration Cinema, directly below Studio C’s music venue, Listening Room, and surrounded by multiple retail shops, an office building, hotel and residential housing.
If food is your passion, and you think you can step up to the plate to create a once-in-a-lifetime culinary experience, then we encourage you to begin the next chapter in your story with us!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare hot and cold food items according to designated make sheet/recipes and quality standards
- Maintain cleanliness and comply with food sanitation standards at all times
- Service items in accordance with established portions and presentation standards
- Maintain consistent communication with Head Chef and team to ensure consistency and efficiency in order preparation
- Work with back of house team to maintain a safe, sanitary and secure kitchen
- Set up, maintain, and break down prep area
- Manage guest orders in a friendly, timely and efficient manner
- Ensure knowledge of menu and food products
- Stock and maintain designated food stations(s)
- Visually inspect all food sent from the kitchen
- Practice correct food handling and food storage procedures according to federal, state, local and company regulations
- Adhere to company, local, and state health and safety regulations
- Other duties as assigned by management
QUALIFICATIONS and/or EXPERIENCE
- 1 yr line cooking experience preferred
- Good communication skills
- Credentials in health and safety training
- Able to work under pressure
- Can thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Friendly, outgoing, and a team player
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as required
- Ability to be on your feet and active for 8 or more hours, climb stairs, lift up to 50lbs and use basic cleaning equipment
- Flexible Schedules
- Paid Volunteer Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance, Life, Long Term Disability, PTO and 401K - must meet eligibility requirements
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free Movies and Discounted Food & Concessions!
- A fun, friendly, and encouraging culture in an exciting industry with endless popcorn refills!