In the Payroll Coordinator Team Lead position you will assist Payroll Processors with day-to-day processing questions and guide staff in decision making and follow through of tasks. Ensure timeliness of Payroll processes, and provide analytical data as needed. Involved in project work. Assist the Payroll Manager and/or Senior Coordinator as needed.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Functions as a mentor/trainer to the Payroll Coordinator team by providing guidance on processes and procedures
- Ensures work assignments are allocated properly across the Payroll Coordinator team
- Responsible for reviewing accuracy of account data
- Participates in the coordination and facilitation of regular team meetings
- Participates in projects and system testing
- Works within Workday Payroll reporting on tasks such as Balancing, Retro processing, Vacation administration, and Termination processing.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Vocational - Knowledge of industry trends specific to Shared Services (Payroll) processing.
- Mathematical - Moderate math skills for use in Excel and analytics.
- Reasoning - Comparing, analyzing, coordinating, copying, etc.
- Communication - Reading (standard and technical), writing (business, technical, copy, etc.), speaking (basic, conversational)
- Human Relations - Customer service and relationship building.
- Self Management - Self directed, organized, and able to make prioritization assessments.
Educational & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelors degree is preferred, but experience may be considered (5+ years)
Find out more about our values, culture, and benefits at gfs.com/careers. Be part of it!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
If you require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to email@example.com and use the words “Accommodation Request” in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free.
Gordon Food Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all employees.