About this Opportunity
Our Operations Teams are responsible for all aspects of manufacturing high quality products in a timely manner to delight our customers. Operations team members play an important role in Herman Miller's success and prepare us to help people do great things. All of our team members work in clean, bright environments that make use of Lean manufacturing principles. These teams share a passion for quality and hold safety as a number one priority.
As a Facilitator, you'll support and respond to team members. You'll also perform problem-solving and improvement Kaizen activities.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you...
- Actively engage and encourage the involvement of team members in improvement initiatives.
- Conduct hour by hour, standardized work, and problem-solving documentation.
- Encourage safe behavior and 5S housekeeping activities.
- Ensure measurable improvement to goals.
- Facilitate a quick response to problems.
- Maintain daily communication with the Work Team Leader and team members.
- Maintain effective communication and cooperation with all other shifts and Facilitators.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
- Perform problem identification and Kaizen activities.
- Support training initiatives of team members in standardized work through job instruction (JI) .
- Use the job instruction training method where applicable.
- Utilize a structured approach to problem-solving, including regular reflections.
- Work with the Work Team Leader to ensure that quality criteria is followed and that quality checks are completed appropriately using standardized work, job instruction, and quality criteria.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we’re looking for if you have...
- A high school diploma or equivalent (example GED) or work experience which demonstrates performance competency.
- Successfully completed the Facilitator Bridge Program or an equivalent development opportunity.
- The ability to meet the minimum requirements of the jobs represented in the appropriate department.
- A demonstrated initiative to lead others for improved performance and a consistently demonstrated job performance that exceeds expectations.
- The ability to perform all jobs in the zone and adjacent zones within Takt Time and to standardized work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to challenge team members and peers appropriately to follow standards.
- The ability to appropriately apply Herman Miller Performance System (HMPS) technical tools (standardized work, job instructions, work balance chart, time observations, etc.).
- Knowledge of and ability to explain the four philosophies of HMPS, True North, HMPS tools, and their relation to one another (pocket card).
- The ability to practice and document Kaizen (PDCA).
- A demonstrated ability to teach others, build effective relationships, and the flexibility and ability to implement and manage change effectively.
- An exhibited willingness to help others, an eagerness to learn, and a servant leadership style.
- The ability to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Who We Are
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer, including veterans and people with disabilities.