Health Screener - Hospital * Days - 36 hrs/wk
Under limited direction, the Health Screener is responsible for greeting and screening all employees and visitors prior to allowing entry to the worksite. The Health Screener will take the temperature, assess the results and allow or deny entry accordingly to the established protocols.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent required.
- Healthcare or direct patient care experience preferred.
- Knowledgeable of infection prevention including hand hygiene and standard precautions.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with diverse groups of people.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision with the flexibility and willingness to handle a variety of tasks.
- Basic computer knowledge including data entry skills.
- Available to work any shift including weekends.
- Must have reliable transportation and willing to travel to various locations.
- Must be reliable and punctual.
- Able to wear protective medical gear to ensure your safety.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Welcomes and greets all employees and visitors at assigned location.
- Verifies employee identification.
- Take temperatures of all employees and visitors.
- Assess all temperature readings to ensure they are within the acceptable range.
- Restricts access for anyone who does not pass the screening and provides guidance per the established protocols.
- Record temperatures as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned. These may include but are not limited to: Maintaining a current knowledge base of department processes, protocols and procedures, pursuing self-directed learning and continuing education opportunities, and participating on committees, task forces, and work groups as determined by management.
Requisition #: req2518FTE status: 0.9