Buist Sheet Metal is looking for hard working individuals to join our growing team. Opportunities are available for both entry level and experienced positions. We are willing to train the right candidates while working on the job to help you build a career with an established company.
- Install standing seam metal roofs, wall panels, fascia, soffit, gutters and downspouts.
- Fabricate various types of metal including steel, aluminum, copper and stainless steel.
- Set up and work safely on ladders and scaffolding.
- Operation of shear, hand brake, hydraulic press brake, and portable roll form machinery.
- Operate and/or work from boom lifts, scissors lifts, and forklifts.
- Assist contractors and customers who come into the shop and on jobsites.
- Maintain personal and team safety in the shop and on jobsites.
- Participate in safety classes and certifications as required.
- Prior sheet metal, roofing, or construction experience.
- Knowledge and ability to operate sheet metal machinery.
- Experience soldering sheet metal.
- Boom lift and forklift operation.
- Must be able to work confidently and safely at heights of up to 40′.
- Must be able to work safely outdoors in various weather conditions throughout the year.
- Must be able to lift and carry heavy objects.
- Must be personable with other workers and be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed to meet work deadlines.
- Must be committed to high standards for quality and excellence in all aspects of the job.
- Must have valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation to the shop and/or jobsites.
Salary: $12.00 to $22.00 / hour, based upon experience.