About This Position
Custom Profile, an Employee Owned Company, will be opening soon in Camden, South Carolina! (**Do not apply in person, applications only accepted online or via email at email@example.com**)
We are looking for a Maintenance Tech to join our 2nd and 3rd shift team. 2nd shift will earn a $1 per hour shift premium and 3rd shift will earn a $.75 per hour shift premium.
The Maintenance Tech will be responsible for the safe repair and troubleshooting of our plastic extrusion equipment. The successful candidate will perform all of the mechanical and electrical maintenance and preventative maintenance on the equipment and within the building.
Custom Profile, named Best Places to Work, is an Employee Owned manufacturer of plastic extruded products with over $50 million in annual sales and 400 employees at its locations in Grand Rapids, Michigan, Juarez, Mexico and Camden, South Carolina. The company is an industry leader in the profile extrusion industry, currently ranked 65th on the list of largest plastic extruders across all market segments for 2018, up 4 spots from 2017. Founded in 1992, Custom Profile has enjoyed consistent annual growth in its revenues and earnings in 25 of its 27 years in operation. Custom Profile boasts a blue chip customer base, including Herman Miller, Haworth, Hon/Allsteel, Steelcase, Whirlpool, Electrolux, GE Appliance, 3M and others.
- Competitive Salary, paid weekly
- Performance based bonuses
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- 401k with company match
- Gym Reimbursements
- Monthly wellness events with the opportunity to earn wellness points toward wellness items
- Monthly community service events
- Attendance Bonus of up to 4 paid days per year
- Apprenticeship Program
- Paid Time Off
- On-Site Flu Shots
- On-Site Biometric Screening
- Family Summer Outing
- Annual Company Meeting
Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Training and Development Opportunities
- Referral Bonus Program
- Paid Holidays
- Performs preventative maintenance, equipment repairs, equipment improvement, equipment upgrades and equipment installations on the factory equipment in assigned areas.
- Responds to calls from production for emergency repairs or down equipment in a timely manner.
- Performs a variety of service work in one or more specialized building system such as, Mechanical, Electrical/Electronic, Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Machine Servicing, etc.
- Identifies and improves safety issues within production areas.
- Ensures all issues and projects are addressed appropriately and efficiently
- Consults with other Maintenance, Engineering and Manufacturing employees to identify and resolve all maintenance issues in a timely manner.
- Assist in start up and shut down of plant as needed.
- Ensures that maintenance coverage for production areas is provided at all times.
- Maintain 5S environment in work area and Tool Shop.
- Follows lock out tag out procedures and all other safety rules where required.
- Performs other tasks and assignments assigned by Manager.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Industrial Maintenance Certificate preferred
- Associates Degree Preferred
- Proficient computer skills including but not limited to Microsoft Office
- Proficient verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Lock-Out Tagout Experience Preferred
- Experience with OSHA Standards Preferred
- Positive teamwork and attitude required to support the manufacturing environment.
- Great mechanical/electrical aptitude and ability to troubleshoot and resolve mechanical problems with the use of basic maintenance shop tools.
- Experience with an ERP or PM system preferred.
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Noise level in the work environment is moderate.
- Hearing protection preferred in many areas of the company
- Safety glasses, hearing protection and steel toe shoes must be worn on the production floor
Employment applicants may be subject to a background check. Failure to consent to a background check will result in the removal of your application from further consideration. Background checks are conducted in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA).