Who we are:
Steelcase was founded as an office furniture maker, and we've evolved into the global leader in workplace solutions. We apply our insights to the intersection of space, technology, and furniture, helping individuals and teams in leading companies around the world to have a better day at work. We pursue innovation, strive for sustainability and develop insights in every part of our business.
Steelcase Health is a company dedicated to providing user-centered solutions in healthcare. It focuses on improving the healthcare experience for three groups: patients, caregivers and partners in care (family and visitors). Steelcase Health views the healthcare environments as an integral part of the healing process. The company is dedicated to providing holistic solutions that focus, not only on product, but space as a whole, delivering research-driven solutions to complex challenges in healthcare environments.
Why people choose to work with us:
This opportunity will provide you with greater knowledge of product marketing in practice and will expose you to various functions including marketing communications, industrial design, finance, operations, engineering, quality and supply chain through the Steelcase Product Development Process. You will build business acumen working cross-functionally in a large corporate setting. We help you become a subject matter expert within a Steelcase vertical. You will also be able to build skills in leadership, communication, and time management that will set you up for post-graduate success.
What you will be doing:
As a member of the Health Product Marketing team, you will partake in daily and strategic marketing activities including, but not limited to:
- Conduct competitive analysis
- Gather market data to guide product development and lifecycle management projects
- Curate content for PowerPoint presentations
- Analyze Excel files for data assessment
- Update communications materials
- Opportunity to work on short- and long-term marketing/product development projects
Who you are:
- Do you love working on various projects at once and maintaining effective communication with teammates?
- Do you not need to be directed to start a project, but you’re not afraid to ask questions?
- Enjoy working at a fast pace and can manage tasks of which you may not be familiar?
- Are you ambitious to learn something new and take the initiative to explore possibilities?
- Are you able to see the greater strategy and are willing to dedicate the time and effort to new findings yielding greater results?
- Computer Skills – Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook
- Preferred Major: Marketing, Business, and/or Finance
- Good communication skills
- Potentially some physical labor in shipping products
- Preferred Year: Sophomore (expected graduation in 2022)
- This role is year-round. Expected work hours are at least 10 hours per week, on-site (Grand Rapids) during the school year and will work around your class schedule. Hours are full-time (40 hours) during the summer.
- Expected Start date: May/June 2020
Your future team:
We are an in-house/local team of five passionate, hardworking professionals dedicated to the success of our vertical, and Steelcase as a whole. We work globally and cross-functionally, and you will gain exposure to many functions within corporate product development. We will provide you with extensive training and a mentor to provide direction and support, in addition to what is provided from our intern program. We strive for your growth and development.
We are proud to have a diverse and inclusive workforce, and we're always looking to get better. We value applicants who are comfortable interacting with people different than themselves. All are invited to apply.
We seek to find the best person to fill this role and will not discriminate based on race, color, creed, genetic information, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by law.