You can make a salary. Or you can make a difference. Or you can work as a Continuous Improvement Leader 3 at Herman Miller and make both.
About this Opportunity
As a Continuous Improvement Leader 3, you'll support the strategic implementation of the Herman Miller Performance System (HMPS) in Operations or other business areas. You will coach, teach, and mentor team members and leaders on HMPS concepts and applications.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you...
Sound Like You?
- Coach, teach, and mentor HMPS tools and philosophies and consult on all modules of HMPS.
- Consult with employees as needed at different Herman Miller sites other than your assigned location.
- Create, update, and follow a coaching plan to develop Work Team Leaders and Facilitators and develop training modules.
- Develop HMPS plans for your department and assist in the development of HMPS plans for specific locations.
- Develop a macro plan on how to move the entire business unit ahead, not just the area impacted by improvements.
- Evaluate new products or processes for improvement.
- Implement continuous improvement within your assigned manufacturing operation or business area.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
- Take appropriate preventative actions to ensure safety and quality.
You might be just who we’re looking for if you have...
Who We Are
- A Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline or 10-15 years of applicable work experience.
- Three years of HMPS experience.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- A demonstrated understanding and command of HMPS theories and concepts.
- Proven consultative skills, the ability to teach others, and an eagerness to learn.
- Successful project leadership experience.
- Proven leadership experience, with one to three years of experience as a Work Team Leader or change leader.
- A proven ability to plan, develop, and deliver presentations and training.
- A demonstrated ability to effectively use the office automation, communication, software, and tools currently used in the Herman Miller office environment.
- The ability to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.