Systems Analyst 2 - Information Technology * Days - 40hrs/wk.
Requisition #: req67
FTE status: 1
This position will have a primary focus on supporting the technology used in Radiology or Cardiology. Looking for knowledge or experience in the areas of PACS administration; Epic Ambulatory, Inpatient and Radiant modules; Powerscribe administration, and Radiology/Cardiology clinical background. Good communication, organization and project management skills are required.
Under the direction of the manager of Information Technology, the System Analyst serves as a liaison between IT and assigned functional areas for all application and system related upgrades, implementations, maintenance and related issues. Functions in a project management and life cycle support capacity for intermediate to complex application/system projects. The position is responsible for providing pre/post implementation support to all designated associates during assigned projects and coordinates department liaisons and/or analysts for system enhancements including build, testing, and training. Responsible for the preparation of complete, standard systems' documentation and assists in the development of end user operating procedures to ensure all applications / systems operate in an effective and efficient manner.
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree, 4 years of direct clinical, business or project management experience or a combination of the above.
- The person possesses and has a proven record of presentation, team building, and leadership qualities.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting issues while maintaining timeliness to the needs of the clients.
- This position has the ability to professionally represent Metro Health Hospital and constantly adheres to the behavioral standards with strong interpersonal skills.
- The ability to manage system architecture and complex technical needs.
- This position requires minimal to no supervision.
- High decision making ability and empowerment to facilitate interactions alone.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Manage, collaborate, and coordinates all application and system enhancements, installations and upgrades for assigned systems.
- Resolves complex questions and problems relative to IT processes and refers more urgent issues with higher levels.
- Develops application specifications/profile toward completion of project management plans for assigned projects.
- Manages intermediate to complex projects and applications in conjunction with the respective project sponsor, the project leader and the assigned goal team.
- Coordinates with technical teams on the systems they support to meet user requirements and to incorporate system efficiency principles.
- Assists in the development and implementation of platform-specific security controls.
- Documents and manages all phases of application life cycle.
- Collaborates with end-user department leadership and staff as appropriate to assure effective organizational and departmental operations.
- Coordinates, develops, and leads training to facilitate the effective use of existing applications in assigned user departments.
- Demonstrates familiarity with vendor/user documentation and workflows in areas assigned.
- Maintains documentation regarding interactivity of applications within the assigned user department.
- Assists user departments in resolving applications issues; coordinates resources in resolving application software and hardware issues.
- Initiates application optimization strategies.
- Supports users via on-call assignments and on-going after-hour support of assigned applications.
- Performs other responsibilities and duties as with regular and predictable attendance.
Category: Information Technology