Office Team Lead - Caledonia * Days - 40 hrs/wk (SIGN-ON BONUS)
Under the direction of an Office Manager, the Office Team Lead coordinates, and supervises the clinical, administrative, billing, and business function of the assigned practice site. The Office Team Lead ensures that all services provided contribute to the medical practice/facility efficiency and success within defined parameters. The Office Team Lead may be required to perform support level clinical and/or administrative duties based on the operational needs of the assigned practice. Access to information will be limited to that which is necessary to complete daily tasks in accordance with all HIPAA regulations.
- Associates degree and/or 3 – 5 years of medical office experience.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize tasks
- Flexibility to work independently and handle multiple tasks
- Ability to efficiently manage day-to-day operations, establish and maintain policies and procedures, and manage patient flow operations
- Ability to provide support, direction and development of staff
- Ability to skillfully handle issues of a sensitive nature with respect to confidentiality and organizational guidelines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Excellent computer skills such as word processing, electronic mail and electronic medical record (EMR)
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Works in conjunction with the Office Manager to coordinate the efficient daily operations of the practice and supervise clinical and administrative staff.
- Oversee onboarding and appropriate training for new staff assuring competency is achieved. Responsible for work assignments and daily operations.
- Evaluates performance within delegated areas and works with staff to develop and implement performance goals and objectives.
- Participates in enforcements of organizational policies, rules and regulations. Interacts with office manager to ensure coordinated efforts.
- Shares information and facilitates development of communication systems for staff, physicians and management.
- Support and implement quality initiatives under direction of Office Manager. Ensures compliance with regulations and with clinic standards of quality patient care.
- Identifies and resolves operational problems. Functions as primary liaison between patients, staff and physicians. Assists physicians and staff with daily coordination of patient care to facilitate patient care and physician access. Responsible for the follow-up of patient issues when deemed necessary by the Manager.
- Fulfill patient care responsibilities as assigned, which may include: obtaining and recording patient vital signs, height, weight and subjective complaint(s) in the Electronic Medical Record, checking schedules and organizing patient flow, accompanying patient to exam room, assisting patients as needed with walking/transfers/dressing/collecting specimens/preparing for exam, etc., collecting patient history; performing screenings per provider guidelines; assisting physicians with various procedures; charting; relaying instructions to patients; answering calls and providing pertinent information.
- Performs other duties as assigned. These may include but are not limited to: Maintaining a current knowledge base of department processes and procedures for patient care, pursuing self-directed learning and continuing education opportunities, and participating on committees, task forces, and work groups as determined by management.
Requisition #: req5708FTE status: 1