- Part Time, 36 hours per pay period, 3rd shift, 7p-7a
- Part Time, 60 hours per pay period, 3rd shift, 7p-7a*
- Part Time, 60 hours per pay period, 1st shift, 7a-7p*
What are the Minimum Skills, Experience and Educational Requirements?
- Current RN licensure in the State of Michigan.
- Current BLS and PEARS for Medical Surgical Unit certification, ACLS for Intensive Care Unit.
- Ability to successfully complete the general orientation.
- Ability to successfully complete the unit competency inventory/staff development plan.
- Able to read, write, and speak the English language effectively.
What are the Qualifications?
- Knowledge of current and established professional nursing concepts, principles, and practices.
- Expertise in clinical area of practice.
- Leadership skills required to effectively organize and direct staff and services.
- Communication skills needed to effectively collaborate with other health care team members, ancillary departments, patients, and family members.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Positive attitude, role model to others, excellent attendance, and reliability.
- Manager recommendation.
- Completion of all required annual and periodic education programs.
- Completion of additional certifications as required by department.
What Perks or Benefits Can You Look Forward to?
- Benefits including medical, dental, and vision available to you and your dependents
- Flexible spending account/Dependent care account
- 401k/Roth, Financial Wellness Benefit
- Education reimbursement
- Generous Paid Time Off plan (PTO)
- Employee discount in the café, gift shop and pharmacy
- Great work environment with a family feel
What are the Roles and Responsibilities?
- Ensures nursing is practiced in accordance with professional values and moral principles and maintains confidentiality as appropriate.
- Directs staff and patient flow by continually monitoring and evaluating departmental operations and assisting with patient care when appropriate.
- Takes an active role in providing assistance to staff.
- Serves as a resource person on clinical nursing practice issues specific to department.
- Collaborates with other health care team members and ancillary departments to ensure high quality patient care, and expectations of patient disposition.
- Intercedes with difficult patients and resolves staff or patient disputes when appropriate, including completion of necessary documentation and notification of management when necessary.
- Initiates emergency, safety practices and fire safety measures as appropriate.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned by Department Manager.
What are the Critical Demands of the Job?
- Ability to lift floor to waist level – 15 lbs.
- Ability to lift waist level and above – 10 lbs.
- Ability to carry objects up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to push/pull up to 100 lbs.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Frequent and prolonged standing and walking.
- Frequent bending, twisting, reaching overhead, and reaching forward.
What are the Working Conditions?
- Work performed in a pleasant, progressive, acute care environment committed to patient/family centered care.
- Must be able to move from one task to another in an efficient manner.
- Must be able to use time efficiently.
- Unpredictable mealtimes. Breaks and lunches are scheduled around patient needs.
- Potential for exposure to blood borne pathogens or other infectious diseases.
- Must be able to tolerate wearing protective gear (including, but not limited to, barrier gloves, moisture impervious lab coats, protective eyewear, and face shields).
- Conditions may be stressful at times.
Job Type: Part-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Nursing: 1 year (Preferred)
- BLS Certification (Required)
- RN (Required)
Work Location: One location