Oversees all aspects of operation for internal powder coating line to meet performance metrics, Corporate Road to Success and departmental Road to Success. Powder Coating is part of a Circle of Companies within the parent company of DeWys Manufacturing.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned).
- Responsible for the growth and development of approximately 30 team members on two shifts, including Inspection and Powder Coating Technician
- Ensure the safety of all team members of the Powder Coating area
- Work with the company Master Scheduler to maintain a customer on time of 97.5% or higher. Evaluating and identifying capacity needs to meet customer demand without having team members work more than 45-50 hours a week
- Cost of quality setting goals & targets for the Powder Coating team to achieve company goals. Cost of quality consists of customer returns, internal scrap, and rework
- VA (Value Add): Setting targets to maintain and utilize labor within the Powder Coating line to achieve value add target
- Building the DeWys culture through the Road to Success, improving annual Powder Coating team member survey year over year to create the best place to work in West Michigan
- Determines the skill and knowledge requirements of each team member on the Powder Coating team to achieve a level 4 along with an area competency higher than 80%. Create career paths for all team members within the Powder Coating team that is maintained through their yearly review process & monthly one on ones working with the point people
- Meeting or exceeding shop capacity goals that fulfill customer demand needs
- Setting the vision with the Powder Coating departmental plan that aligns with the corporate Road to Success. This includes future equipment needs, incorporating department layout into overall material flow and leading DeWys Mfg. Powder Coating into the future
- Completion of leadership training program. Has been or is involved with a user group to help bring new ideas into DeWys Mfg. Continual education pertaining to the position minimum of 40hrs. per year
Care to help each team member to achieve personal, professional and financial goals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school with 5 or more years experience in manufacturing, preferably metal fabrication; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Leadership training.
About DeWys Manufacturing:
Founded in 1977, DeWys Manufacturing Inc. began as a "one man" metal shop in West Michigan. Over 40 years later, we currently employ roughly 200 team members, serve over 11 different industries, and more than 160 different clients located in Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Wisconsin and across the United States. Today, we are continuing our success under the leadership of CEO, Jon DeWys, President, C.T. Martin and Vice President, Mark Schoenborn. As a leadership team they direct a highly qualified management team with years of experience.
Having outgrown several smaller facilities, we operate a circle of five distinct companies under the DeWys Manufacturing umbrella offering a variety of manufacturing services to our customers. The circle of companies capabilities include precision sheet metal, machining, powder coating, contract manufacturing, and product assembly. These expanded capabilities allow us to serve a wider range of businesses and industries.
Unlike other companies, team members are seen as problem solvers, experts, and leaders of ingenuity instead of using specific job titles. This helps to create a work environment which encourages innovation, boosts production, and remains fresh and motivating. At DeWys Mfg. we are focusing more on our culture as we continue to grow and move further down our road to success. The three main principles that make up DeWys’ Cultural Road to Success are Values, Attitude, and Beliefs. We feel that finding the right fit within a new hire is important for both DeWys and the new team member.
To learn more about DeWys Manufacturing Inc, please visit www.dewysmfg.com.