Do you love retail sales but hate the hours? Do want earn an hourly rate but also have the opportunity to earn unlimited commission? If so, ETNA may just be the place for you!
The Showroom in Kalamazoo, MI is looking for a Full-time Showroom Sales Consultant. The showroom sells high end plumbing and waterworks products such as tubs, showers, sinks, fixtures and anything else that is related to a kitchen or bathroom. The showroom is open from 8-5pm most week days and 1 night a week until 7pm, Saturdays 9-3pm, closed Sundays and Holidays! A Showroom Sales Consultant will earn a competitive hourly rate as well commission. The ideal candidate should have a passion for sales, providing the highest level of customer service possible and a flair for creativity and design.
At Etna you are more than just a number, you are part of the family. Etna offers an excellent benefits package that includes but is not limited to: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with a company match and much, much more!
Serves residential customers as a liaison between plumber and homeowner while meeting or exceeding company sales and profit goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
These include the following and others may be assigned.
- Be friendly to every external and internal customer/potential customer you come in contact with and assist them to the best of your ability. If you are unable to assist them, politely put them in contact with the correct person who can.
- Always maintain a professional, courteous attitude towards customers and fellow employees
- Create & maintain effective, professional relationships with fellow employees
- Share responsibility of assisting walk-in showroom customers.
- Share responsibility for answering phone calls coming to showroom.
- Coordinate Builder’s Advantage Program.
- Provide Builder Information through help desk.
- Track all quotes and assist in closing ongoing sales projects.
- Keep updated on current products and product trends.
- Resolve customer concerns and inquiries.
- Make sales calls on Builders, Designers, Architects, and other potential customers.
- Meet or exceed sales and profit margin goals.
- Maintain product displays and literature.
- Participate in activities and meetings that potentially will increase sales, including but not limited to Etna promotions, Parade of Homes, and home shows.
- Participate in marketing activities, such as mailings.
- Represent Etna with related professional organizations.
- Lock and secure showroom if designated key carrier.
- Meet standards for showroom Best Practices.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Work safely.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of Company products and their applications.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Effective selling, customer service, and negotiation skills.
- Maintain professional image as a representative of the company.
- Availability for occasional day, evening, weekend, and overnight travel.
- Availability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Ability to read and interpret documents, such as operating and maintenance instructions and procedures manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide with or without using a calculator.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as margins, discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and Eclipse.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks, priorities, and deadlines and easily adapt to changing situations.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent; or
- Six months to a year of related experience and training; or
- Equivalent combination of experience and education.
Certifications and/or Licenses:
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Frequently required to talk and hear; reach, grasp, handle, and use fingers.
- Regularly required to sit; and stand and walk.
- Occasionally required to climb, stoop, crouch, and kneel; carry; and lift up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include clear vision at 20 inches or less and 20 feet or more, depth perception, and color vision.
- Work performed primarily inside.
- The noise level in the environment is usually moderate.
- Pass substance abuse screening.