Light Metals Corporation is seeking a Laboratory Tech for Waste Water Treatment facility with responsibilities to operate, monitor, maintain, and troubleshoot the wastewater treatment facility and its processes and to assist in chemical testing of an aluminum anodizing line.
Work is performed with considerable independence under the direction of the Laboratory Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- General operation and housekeeping of the Waste Water Treatment facility.
- Daily sample retrieval and subsequent testing of anodize process solutions.
- Daily replacement of process filtration cartridges.
- Maintain open communication with the Laboratory Manager and shift management regarding the condition of the process solutions.
- Make recommendations for repairs and improvements to the system.
- Monitor and correct any problems concerning the WWT process.
- Regular operation of a filter press 4 times per day.
- Conduct necessary checks of the treatment plant and report all issues to supervision.
- Perform batch treatments as required utilizing pre-written instructions.
- Daily inventory of bulk chemicals.
- Basic maintenance tasks.
Training, Experience and Skills Required
- Have a working knowledge of pumps, plumbing, and valves.
- Basic understanding of chemistry such as pH, acids and bases.
- Training will be provided on the job as needed.
- Ability to efficiently utilize free-time to conduct cleaning/organizational tasks without being expressly told to do so.
- Able to climb stairs.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds on occasion.
- Able to detect and differentiate between colors.
- Able to manipulate, with assistance, drums weighing up to 550 pounds.
- Able to work in hot and cold environments.
Medical, dental, vision, 401K, paid vacation time, & paid holidays