Business Intelligence Analyst 2 - Business Intelligence * Days - 40hrs/wk.
Requisition #: req522
FTE status: 1
Join Metro Health - University of Michigan Health's rapidly growing Business Intelligence team to serve the health system and community by expanding Comprehensive Stroke Center platform with your reporting and development skills. This position reports to the Manager of Business Intelligence and Analytics, builds and supports business intelligence and analytics initiatives to enhance departmental and organizational effectiveness, efficiency and safety, with a primary focus on Epic Healthy Planet and population management. One would work closely with other Information Technology staff to plan and implement strategies, design, test and implement reports and data extracts from Epic software application and assist in the analysis, planning, design, creation, and maintenance of simplex to complex reports and database projects. One would also write Structured Query Language (SQL) queries against a complex data model, collaborate with end-users to understand reporting requirements and specifications, and ensure that the data used for statistical reporting is creditable. Beneficial experience includes: Crystal Reports, Epic ASAP Clarity Data Model and/or EpicCare Inpatient Data Model experience.
- A bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in one or more of the roles listed below, or seven years of commensurate experience.
- This position requires experience with and knowledge of Crystal Report Development, SQL script development, SSIS package development, SSAS development, and an operational understanding of the components of the technologies that support a hospital system.
- In addition, skills in Epic Clarity report development preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced skills are required in the functional areas above.
Essential Functions for All Programmer Analyst Responsibilities/Assignments:
- Conducts analysis of departmental, organizational, and individual information needs relative to specific assignments.
- Analyzes system performance, data integrity and security requirements in development and resolution work.
- Installs or participates in the installation of system and application installations, upgrades.
- Documents all phases of project and product life cycles.
- Cross trains team and department members in the support of tools developed.
- Provides technical assistance in resolving developed tools issues
- Remains technically current in areas specifically assigned.
- Establishes and continues development toward personal career goals.
- Investigates new uses of current or future system development and support tools to facilitate accomplishment of corporate strategic goals.
- Develops or participates in development of reports, queries, forms, workflows, scripts, databases, browser-based and/or client server applications, and system testing strategies.
- Supports and educates others in support of applications and tools developed, as well as third party applications assigned.
- SQL and other report development.
- Participates in support of applications that require scripting methodologies.
- Assists in any other activity as assigned
Category: Information Technology