Physician Recruiter - Physician Services
Requisition #: req1304
FTE status: 1
The Physician Recruiter plans, coordinates, implements, and directs all activities for the recruitment, hiring and on-boarding of primary care physicians, specialty care physicians, and advanced practice providers for the Metro Health. This position advises and collaborates with senior management within the Metro Health organization with regard to physician recruitment and retention, staffing budgetary compliance, hiring strategies, search/selection, and physician recruitment consultation with various Metro Health Departments.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or related healthcare background, demonstrated effective communication and negotiation skills, strong organizational and complex process management abilities.
- Must effectively work and communicate with all disciplines and levels of professionals. Sales, marketing and/or public relations experience helpful.
- Knowledge of Metro Health preferred.
- Upon hiring, maintained membership in the Association for Advancing Physician and Provider Recruitment (AAPPR) and Michigan Recruitment Retention Network (MRRN) is preferred.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Advise and strategize with the Medical Directors, Department Heads, Chief Operation Officers of Hospital and Medical Group, Key physician leaders, Clinic Site Managers, and Administrative Directors regarding recruitment, candidate interview and hiring processes for Metro Health physicians and advanced practice providers.
- Develop, plan, implement and manage all methods to generate candidates, including national/local/Internet advertising, direct mail, resident-related events and activities, marketing and promotional materials, and website development and maintenance. Develop and maintain the provider on-line application system and process.
- Manage all aspects assigned Metro Health physician recruitment, hiring and on-boarding. This includes screening and responding to candidate inquiries; contacting and discussing Metro Health opportunities, candidate qualifications and best clinic/practice match; presenting candidate to key stakeholders/clinic/department for employment consideration; overseeing preparation of itinerary and interview site visit(s) processes; following up with candidate/department to determine continued interest; negotiating terms of employment; generating offer and employment letters; initiating post-hiring processes with other Physician Services Department sections; coordinating household moving process with candidate and vendors.
- Provide consultative physician recruitment services to internal Metro Health customers (ie., Department Heads, Chiefs, Executive VPs, Directors and others) and external customers (ie., affiliated clinics and healthcare organizations). This involves marketing the Physician Services Department’s recruitment services, including strategies and interview processes, methods to generate candidate leads, and negotiation of independent recruitment firm contracts and candidate contracts.
- Act as Physician Recruiter by advising and coordinating search and selection processes for Metro Health. This involves teaming with key stakeholders to organize each search/selection process; educating individuals on protocol and process procedures; developing and placing advertising; screening candidate curriculum vitaes; overseeing coordination of interview site visits; guiding members through the interview and evaluation processes; negotiating the final recommendation; teaming with the key stakeholders in negotiating an employment offer to the selected candidate; providing formal process follow-up and closure with the key stakeholders and all candidates.
- Facilitate processes for physician and advanced practice provider internal transfers, promotions, and staffing adjustments as directed by physician leadership.
- In partnership with Director of Physician Services, develop and implement an annual Metro Health physician/advanced practice provider recruitment and retention plan. This may include coordinating physician recruitment and retention activities; selecting and attending national and local medical conferences; planning and attending resident recruitment activities and events; developing marketing brochures and promotional pieces; networking with local and national colleagues through the Michigan Recruitment Retention Network (MRRN) and the Association for Advancing Physician and Provider Recruitment (AAPPR); and attending related AAPPR educational functions.
- Guide and provide direction to the Physician Services Coordinator.