Job Title: Hilo Driver – 1st Shift
Department / Division: Manufacturing / Access Business Group, LLC.
Location: Ada, MI
What’s special about this job:
The Paper Products Plant produces cartons and labels for Amway’s core products. This team works to produce most of our ABO literature to grow their business and showcase Amway products. They are focused on consistent and dependable delivery of high-quality products for our global customer base, while collaborating cross-functionally with our creative business partners. As a Hilo Driver, you will operate a standard sit-down Hilo and/or sit-down roll clamp Hilo at least 50% of the workday. This position will be on 1st shift, reporting to a Group Leader. You will support assigned areas within the Warehouse and Production areas of Paper Products through picking, placing, and delivering of specified materials. In addition to this support, you may also perform other tasks appropriate within the operation.
How you would contribute to the role:
If you enjoy supporting a safe work environment with high attention to detail and efficiency, the Hilo Driver position may be of interest to you! In this dynamic role, you will have the opportunity to safely transport raw materials, goods in-process, and other associated items to and from the Paper Products Operation. You will also move pallets, skids, boxes, etc. to various designated areas. Your accuracy and efficiency will be valued as you load and unload trucks in the staging area or directly into storage locations, while inspecting trailers for safety hazards and utilizing proper loading techniques. Your ability to accurately count goods and process associated paperwork will be crucial as you develop within this role. Daily equipment inspection, cleaning, and applicable safety regulations will be a part of your daily routine.
What skills and background will be important to be successful:
- At least three to six months of experience as a Hilo Driver with active Hilo license
- Knowledge of DSI and RF systems used for linking license plates
- Strong attention to detail, time management, and organizational skills
- Capability of operating a Hilo and maintaining related records and reports with high degree of accuracy
- Ability to logically think through and understand process and production requirements with good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to lead and proactively communicate with individuals on the floor in a cooperative, constructive, and positive manner
- Must be capable of lifting 0 – 50 lbs.
- High school diploma
- Experience and adept with the following applications preferred: JDE, DC Link, CMX, PMC
If you can see yourself as part of this collaborative environment, visit our website to apply: www.amway.jobs.