Custom Profile, named Best Places to Work, is a privately held manufacturer of plastic extruded products with over $36 million in annual sales and 225 employees at its locations in Grand Rapids, Michigan and Juarez, Mexico. The company is an industry leader in the profile extrusion industry, currently ranked 78th on the list of largest plastic extruders across all market segments for 2016, up from 82nd on the list in 2015. The company is looking to grow organically and acquisitively with plans of $50+ million revenue in the next 3-5 years. Founded in 1992, Custom Profile has enjoyed consistent annual growth in its revenues and earnings in 22 of its 24 years in operation. Custom Profile boasts a blue chip customer base, including Herman Miller, Haworth, Hon/Allsteel, Steelcase, Whirlpool, Electrolux, GE Appliance and others.
Starting Wage: $13 for 1st shift, $14 for 2nd shift and $13.75 for 3rd shift.
Reporting to the Extrusion Supervisor the successful candidate will be responsible for performing various tasks involved in the production of Custom Profile’s products. The successful candidate must follow standard work methods and practice safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible. This position will work as part of a team toward our company goal of zero defects and 100% on-time delivery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pack parts as required on each extrusion line following the company specs.
- Inspect parts for surface quality, color, profile appearance and dimensions, complete quality checks as necessary.
- Complete all necessary production paperwork in a timely manner during the course of the work shift.
- Successfully complete standard work procedures, setting up downstream equipment, packaging supplies, and documentation.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area; follow daily housekeeping and 5S standards
- Promote and maintain a culture and attitude of continuous improvement, working within the company team to make it more efficient, safer and an enjoyable place to work.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High School diploma or GED
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with multiple demands.
Strength in the following areas required:
Experience in the following areas is preferred but not necessary:
- Basic computer skills
- Problem Solving
- Experience with manufacturing tools (calculator, measuring cup, weigh scale, steel rule, tape measure, pro-scale, calipers, comparator, protractor, laser gauge, warp gauge, tape gun, stapler)
- Basic Blueprint Reading Skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- 5S/Lean Manufacturing/Kanban
- Be able to stand in one place and perform continuous and repetitive movements which may last for up to 8 hours.
- Be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Safety glasses, ear protection and closed toe shoes must be worn on the production floor.