Who we are:
Steelcase was founded as an office furniture maker, and we've evolved into the global leader in workplace solutions. We apply our insights to the intersection of space, technology, and furniture, helping individuals and teams in leading companies around the world to have a better day at work.
We pursue innovation, strive for sustainability and develop insights in every part of our business.
Why people choose to work with us:
Let's start with the cool?workspace—after all, that's?our business. But that's just one of the ways?we help people?like you?do their best work. We encourage curiosity and critical thinking, we embrace?wellbeing in its broadest sense and we provide coaching and inspiration at every step of your career journey.?
What you will be doing:
Your goal in this position is to integrate quality principles and methods during the product development and launch process. You will be on multiple cross functional teams working to design, develop and launch a wide range of products across the Steelcase portfolio. You will work directly with suppliers and engineers in Steelcase facilities to complete typical Advanced Quality Planning (AQP) activities. Some travel, typically 10-25%, will be required.
Who you are:
- Able to apply the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of the quality engineering profession (e.g. ASQ certified Quality Engineer Body of Knowledge)
- Able to evaluate project, product and process risk to determine the appropriate scope of quality engineering effort needed for each launch
- Able to effectively initiate, participate and manage multiple projects of a tactical nature
- Able to develop technical solutions to a variety of problems
- Able to effectively use data to make decisions in matters of significance to the customer experience
- Able to proactively apply originality and ingenuity to improve practices and procedures
- Able to effectively interface with multiple functions within the company and with people of all levels of management and technical ability.
- Minimum 2-4 years in Quality or similar technical field
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or other technical field or an associate degree with demonstrated experience.
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer, Certified Reliability Engineer or Black Belt a plus
How to Apply:
We invite you to submit your resume/CV through our careers page – from steelcasecareersen.silkroad.com, view "Current Listings" and then search for the tracking code at the top of this posting. If we can make the application process easier through accommodation, please email us at email@example.com.
We are proud to have a diverse and inclusive workforce, and we're always looking to get better. We value applicants who are comfortable interacting with people different than themselves. Women, people of any race or national origin, lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people, veterans, working mothers and fathers, and everyone else are all invited to apply.
Steelcase provides employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, genetic information, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or veteran status and bases all employment decisions only on valid job requirements.