Lab Supervisor 2nd/3rd Shift - Laboratory * Evenings - 40hrs/wk
Requisition #: req455
FTE status: 1
The Laboratory 2nd/3rd Shift Supervisor is responsible for the supervision and coordination of all activities of the afternoon and midnight shifts, and for providing rapid and accurate laboratory services for all laboratory customers.
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree and graduation from a school of Medical Technology Board of Registry examination (ASCP,AMT or NCA) with a minimum of three years in a supervisory capacity.
- Two years military laboratory training plus two years of college and 10 years experience in a laboratory section and HEW/HHS proficiency examination.
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts in Biology, Chemistry and five years experience in one or more medical laboratory area.
- Knowledge of the computer information system.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Reviews and documents that all section employees have been trained to perform the procedures in the section. Also, conducts evaluations and performance conversations.
- Review and adjust staffing level for section in emergency situations and participates in the training and development of section personnel.
- Notifies the Medical Director, Administrative Director and Laboratory Supervisor of changes in procedures that affect other departments in the hospital prior to implementation.
- Conducts staff meeting within the Sections and with other shifts and before implementing new procedures or changes at least quarterly.
- Ensures that section is in compliance with all accrediting agency checklist (CAP, CLIA, AOA) and standards.
- Investigates all incident reports involving errors, complaints or problems relating to lab section. Reports result of investigation to Laboratory Supervisor within 48 hours.
- Performs other duties as needed.
Category: Health Care, Management ?