About this Opportunity
As an Associate Digital Product Manager, you will help execute Herman Miller Group's digital strategy across multiple digital products. You will manage the launch and production of customer-facing technologies and websites and support users using a combination of both in-depth product knowledge and Herman Miller's customer-facing technology.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you . . .
- Champion user’s needs.
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering teams on internal and external bugs and feature improvements.
- Consult and advise users and stakeholders (including, but not limited to: salespeople, dealers, customers, and vendors) on business processes including transactional catalog configuration/usage and general application of Herman Miller's customer-facing technology.
- Create and manage customer websites through our portal and content management architecture.
- Create customer-specific eCommerce catalogs by manually manipulating technical data file formats (e.g., SIF and OFDA-XML for the office furniture industry).
- Define product features and requirements and lead the implementation of new digital products and/or digital product updates.
- Educate customers on current technology solutions for how they can solve a business need.
- Ensure all necessary user acceptance, performance, and postpproduction testing is conducted and documented according to Herman Miller testing guidelines.
- Manage quality assurance for implemented solutions.
- Manage web content for various customer-facing technologies.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with internal customers to analyze business information needs and functional requirements.
- Provide training for users.
- Research and maintain knowledge of emerging technologies and how they may optimize current business practices.
- Use analytics and customer research to measure product effectiveness and to direct future product development.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we’re looking for if you have . . .
- A Bachelor's degree in IT, Business, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three years of experience in IT, marketing, product, or delivery management, preferably within digital.
- Knowledge of how current trends and technology may be used to support business partners.
- An understanding of how technology solves identified business problems.
- A history of delivering consistent results with a high attention to detail.
- Experience with HTML, SIF, and XML (preferred).
- Strong analytical and technical skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Organizational and time management skills, and you are self-motivated and able to work independently.
- A high level of written, verbal, and interpersonal skills to communicate information, ideas, procedures, and processes in a logical sequence and at a level appropriate to the audience, resulting in effective working relationships.
- The ability to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Who We Are
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.