Who we are:
Steelcase was founded as an office furniture maker, and we've evolved into the international leader in workplace solutions. We apply our insights to the intersection of space, technology, and furniture, helping individuals and teams in leading companies around the world to be more successful at work.
We pursue innovation, strive for sustainability and develop insights in every part of our business.
Why people choose to work with us:
- We are serving a new set of clients and building a new business model for Steelcase. Every day we have the opportunity to solve problems that create something great for participants at events.
- We've all been to the unpleasant and unproductive hotel ballroom and have empathy for every one of our users. It is incredibly fulfilling to know that on our team we are creating great experiences for thousands of other professionals when they have their events all across the country.
What you will be doing:
- You are going to help us wrangle a rapidly growing business by building a process and tool set that will keep everyone clear on what which client challenge they are solving, and how we can make the system more efficient.
- You are responsible for understanding and advising on the health of the operational system for Event Experiences as a part of the leadership team. You assist the leadership team in driving for business-wide goals to maximize the client experience and revenue growth within constraints and variability of a startup business.
- You build, maintain, and implement monitoring tools/processes to understand the health/status of the events operational system covering design, event management, distribution center, and related needs.
- You assist peer leaders in development of best operational practices to optimize quality, schedule and cost.
- You monitor status, advise the operational team on implications of event changes (scope, schedule, resources etc.), suggest operational changes as necessary, and decide go/no-go for events based on operational capability.
- You advise sales on operational impacts, suggested pricing implications, strategy,and timing for events given operational capability.
- As your group develops, you build and maintain a team of project managers who assist in large, complex events.
- Expert project management skills to build team capability to optimal performance for growing businessworking independently with minimal direction and ability to provide direction to others.
- Demonstrated service orientation ensuring client needs are prioritized and understanding team capabilities are the key resourcein this service business.
- Necessary people negotiation skills to persuasively present a point of view, listen to alternatives and jointly arrive at best decision for the client and business.
- Ability to understand, estimate and mitigate risks and implications of decisions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to rapidly understand, adjustand communicate operational plans with skill and grace following unexpected changes from clients.
- Knowledge of or ability to build knowledge of SteelcaseEvent Experiences internal processes (Sales process, design, inventory, transportation) and events industry.
- Well organized, good attention to detail, and a keen eye for improving the experience of the client at every level
- Bachelor’s degree required
- PMP Certification preferred
- Minimum of 5 years proven project management skills working with external customers.
Your Future Team:
- As a key member of the Event Experiences leadership team, you will stand along side highly experienced professionals who have strong discipline expertise and are building a business from scratch in an industry new to Steelcase.
We are proud to have a diverse and inclusive workforce, and we're always looking to get better. We value applicants who are comfortable interacting with people different than themselves. Women, people of any race or national origin, lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people, veterans, working mothers and fathers, and everyone else are all invited to apply.
Steelcase provides employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, genetic information, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or veteran status and bases all employment decisions only on valid job requirements.