Custom Profile, an Employee Owned Company is coming to Camden, South Carolina!
Are you a Plant Manager interested in starting a manufacturing facility from the ground up and providing excellent service to our customers supporting our mission of 100% on-time delivery and zero defects?
Do you have a passion for building a culture of mutual respect, teamwork, recognition, community engagement and professionalism?
Have you overseen an entire manufacturing operation with support staff, including Human Resources, Supply Chain, Quality, Maintenance and Engineers?
Custom Profile, named Best Places to Work, is an Employee Owned manufacturer of plastic extruded products with over $50 million in annual sales and 400 employees at its locations in Grand Rapids, Michigan, Juarez, Mexico and Camden, South Carolina. The company is an industry leader in the profile extrusion industry, currently ranked 65th on the list of largest plastic extruders across all market segments for 2018, up 4 spots from 2017. Founded in 1992, Custom Profile has enjoyed consistent annual growth in its revenues and earnings in 25 of its 27 years in operation. Custom Profile boasts a blue chip customer base, including Herman Miller, Haworth, Hon/Allsteel, Steelcase, Whirlpool, Electrolux, GE Appliance, 3M and others.
- Competitive Salary, paid weekly
- Performance based bonuses
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- 401k with company match
- Gym Reimbursements
- Monthly wellness events with the opportunity to earn wellness points toward wellness items
- Monthly community service events
- Attendance Bonus of up to 4 paid days per year
- Apprenticeship Program
- Paid Time Off
- On-Site Flu Shots
- On-Site Biometric Screening
- Family Summer Outing
- Annual Company Meeting
- Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Training and Development Opportunities
- Referral Bonus Program
- Paid Holidays
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build a culture of mutual respect, teamwork, recognition, community engagement and professionalism.
- Oversee entire manufacturing operations and support staff (Human Resources, Supply Chain, Quality, Engineers, Maintenance), full P&L responsibility, support the company goals of zero defects and 100% on-time delivery in a safe and efficient manner.
- Establish and monitor overall plant performance for production and quality standards, implement process improvements as needed.
- Responsible for all aspects of production and achieving key performance measurements related to personnel safety, quality, service and cost while continually improving process reliability and performance. Ensure total manufacturing objectives are met in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Understand the business and define a plan within the general company strategy and communicate clearly to the team.
- Implement cost effective systems of control over capital assets, operating expenditures, wages and salaries.
- Implement incremental improvements in the business practices, using analysis or cost-benefits analysis, to establish new ways of doing things, thus improving performance. Define and examine key issues and alternatives, evaluating costs, risks and benefits for the organization.
- Optimize, develop and improve work teams within the organization.
- Mobilize others to initiate change and orchestrate the pace and process of change and encourage others to look for opportunities for change.
- Support the development of new business in the region.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area; follow daily housekeeping and 5S standards.
- Promote and maintain a culture and attitude of continuous improvement, working with the company team to make it a more efficient, safe and enjoyable place to work.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Plant Manager or equivalent position in a high volume manufacturing facility.
- Masters or Bachelor Degree in Business Management or related discipline preferred, but not required.
- Demonstrated leadership of safety initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to improve the performance of the business by motivating employees to make changes.
- Demonstrated track record of leading the improvement of operations while delivering day to day performance.
- Familiarity with the operations of all operations departments: production, quality, maintenance, materials management, etc.
- Participative management style and excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience building a strong team through people development and performance management.
- Strong business acumen and working knowledge of process control and improvement tools.
Strength in the following areas required:
- Ability to learn new approaches and concepts, identify and develop new ideas or best practices, and apply them to the business.
- Supervisory Responsibility:
- Human Resources,
- Supply Chain,
- Experience with
- Lean Manufacturing,
- Kanban and
- other continuous improvement tools.
- Ability to drive results throughout the organization
- Ability to lead a lean organization while improving employee engagement and cultural changes.
- Accountability and sense of urgency
- Excellent organizational and follow up skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written and presentation)
- Microsoft Office experience (word, outlook, excel)
Experience in the following areas is preferred:
- ERP/MRP Experience
- Experience with the Plastic Extrusion Industry
- Lead Safety Initiatives
- ISO 9001 experience or equivalent QMS experience
- Experience with manufacturing methods, process improvement programs and procedures.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- The noise level in our work environment is moderate.
- Safety glasses, hearing protection and closed-toe shoes must be worn on the production floor.
- Some travel, mostly local, is occasionally required.
- Flexible Schedule with the ability to support a 24x5 manufacturing operation.