Do you take pride in your work? Do you have a great eye for detail? If so, Porter Hills has a tremendous opportunity for you as a Painter.
This is a full-time opportunity (8am - 4:30pm) with overtime as needed.
The primary purpose of your job position is to apply paint, varnishes, stains and wall coverings to interior and exterior surfaces as needed at any Porter Hills Retirement Community & Services (PHRCS) location.
Painter Summary of Duties
- Manages schedules and priorities to ensure work is performed timely.
- Coordinates services with department/location involved when performing routine assignments.
- Prepares surfaces for painting or wall covering, including filling nail holes and repairing damaged areas and priming if needed.
- Meets industry standards for speed and quality while using a brush and roller.
- Meets industry standards for speed and quality and the care and upkeep of an airless sprayer.
- Keeps all work areas clean and organized. This includes the paint shop.
- Selects paint/stain color and type in consultation with appropriate Porter Hills staff person.
- Know paint products for each application
- Ensures work meets Porter Hills quality and appearance standards.
- Performs duties with the highest concern for working in and around resident’s homes (i.e. noise, cleanliness).
- Performs duties while upholding high safety standards.
- Estimates the amount of paint and number of labor hours to complete project.
- Tracks hours and materials used and fills out bill form for each project.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the painting industry.
- Apprenticeship and/or formal training in painting.
Number of Openings
Porter Hills Village
About the Organization
Porter Hills is a care provider of choice in West Michigan, with a strong reputation and 43+ years of experience. Porter Hills invests in knowledge, programs and services that are redefining quality of life for seniors and their families in West Michigan. We model innovative practices that integrate care, community and commerce in exciting new ways. We lead strategic collaborations that bring out the best in the elder care sector for the benefit of all.
Full-Time or Part-Time
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.