The Chief Financial Officer will be an integral part of a dedicated and highly skilled executive leadership team, responsible for providing outstanding customized service to our Clients. Maintaining a high level of Client satisfaction is critical to the success of this position.
The individual in this role will provide superior leadership and oversight of core financial services and initiatives, including vision and strategy, planning, implementation, and leadership of financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting, accounting, tax, treasury, audit, and investments.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Effectively lead others to ensure a professional and highly competent team.
- Set goals and direction; manage and evaluate performance.
- Serve as strategic business partner to executive leadership and Clients.
- Assess and evaluate the financial performance of the organization with regard to long-term operational goals, budgets and forecasts.
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans.
- Liaise and collaborate with external investment partners.
- Support the confidence of the Clients as investors.
- Work with the executive leadership team to plan, coordinate, prioritize, and lead overall work-plan in line with key priorities identified by the Chief Executive Officer and Clients.
- Provide fiduciary oversight for a diverse portfolio of financial interests and, as a financial expert, be responsible for (a) improving upon and overseeing finance & accounting, wealth management, and tax planning; (b) supporting sound internal financial decision-making; and (c) providing Clients with outstanding financial support.
- Develop financial organizational strategies by contributing strategic financial and accounting information, analysis, and recommendations.
- Represent organization and Clients to financial partners, auditors, and key business partners.
- Ensure compliance with relevant legal requirements, regulations, and standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required; MBA, and CPA or CFA highly desirable.
- Exceptional leadership experience and skills required; demonstrated leadership ability, confidence, and executive presence.
- At least 10-15 years of progressively more responsible experience in accounting and financial management practices.
- Prior experience as a Chief Financial Officer or similar position required.
- Prior family office experience highly desirable.
- Investment savvy, having excellent business acumen.
- Experience working with external auditors, internal controls, and compliance-related issues.
- Outstanding knowledge of GAAP compliance.
- A strategic thinker having exceptional diplomacy, verbal and written communication skills, and innovative problem-solving skills.
- Proven track record of providing outstanding service with a professional, tactful demeanor.
- Strong relationship management skills with a consultative approach and excellent listening skills.