Helps develop a strategic vision to maximize market opportunities to increase margin, sales, and case volumes for both internal and external customers. Achieves desired business results for the NA Imports and Commodities team including value/profit analysis, market analysis, pricing analytics, and risk management. Assists with new business development as a primary source of sales and margin growth.
- Assists in providing vision, processes, tools, and guidance related to multiple levels of margin, case movement, sales volume, and R.O.N.A. for assigned categories.
- Works directly with the divisions, chain accounts, and outside customers to drive new business development.
- Collaborates with the Imports and Commodities sales team to identify target customers, introduce new products to satisfy unmet customer needs, and support bids.
- Develops a working knowledge of commodity markets and the factors impacting the cost to recommend appropriate strategies to Leadership.
- Supports price strategy adjustments based on understanding changes in business practices, market conditions, industry environment, competitor’s pricing strategies, currency markets, regulatory and legal systems, and customer needs.
- Develops divisional relationships to ensure customer feedback is used in making key commodity decisions.
- Builds and leverages strong vendor relationships in meeting divisional needs.
- Assists with the communication of performance results and insights to leadership.
- Performs other duties as assigned
?One to two years previous commodities, risk management, procurement or Logistics experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience or relevant work experience may be considered
We take care of each other at Gordon Food Service. Employees love our competitive benefit plans, which include all the things you would expect and a few that you might not!
Get a quick glance at who we are and the impact you could have on the food service industry. There's a seat at our table for you!
Be part of an amazing culture where what matters to you, matters to us!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the words “Accommodation Request” in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free.
Gordon Food Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all employees.