Who we are:?
Steelcase?was founded as an office furniture maker,?and?we've evolved into?the global leader in workplace solutions. We?apply our insights?to?the?intersection of?space, technology, and furniture,?helping individuals and teams in leading companies around the world to have a better day at work.???We?pursue?innovation, strive for sustainability?and?develop insights in every part of our business.??
We are currently seeking a City Driver to join our Kentwood, MI fleet. This would be a 1st shift role, Monday- Friday.
This local driver will flatbed and tractor trailers locally on and off property to pick up steel coils, sheets and other raw materials, and deliver them to the proper plants or locations. Makes pick ups/deliveries to various company and vendor locations, within the local area (50 mile radius of Kentwood, MI). The local driver loads/unloads material and product and assists dock personnel when needed. The driver is not only responsible for the proper transportation of product, but also protection from damage and safe operation of the vehicle under all conditions. Performs maintenance checks and reports problems as well as maintains a log of driving hours, trip reports and other reported as required.
- Able to safely operate truck/trailer to prevent injury to self and others
- Know and understand state/federal laws governing the safe operations of trucks, must comply with all traffic regulations
- Able to pass DOT physical
- Must demonstrate a professional and positive attitude when representing Steelcase
- Able to sit for extended periods while driving
- Able to occasionally lift 35 lbs from floor to waist; 50 lbs from waist to shoulders; and push/pull up to 15 lbs. Must be able to frequently carry 35-55 lbs.
- Able to reach forward, frequently laterally and occasionally over the shoulders with bending and twisting. Able to occasionally grasp with moderate force. Requires extensive climbing up and down on trailder.
- Must reside within 75 miles of assigned distribution facility.
- Minimum of 30 months experience working as a full-time Class A tractor/trailer driver in the previous 3 years
- No more than two (2) moving violations while operating a personal or commercial motor vehicle in the last 3 years
- No serious traffic violations while operating a commercial vehicle in the last three (3) years
- No convictions for a DUI/DWI/OUI or reckless driving involving alcohol/drugs within the last ten (10) years
- No preventable* accidents while operating a commercial vehicle in the last three (3) years
- No preventable* DOT recordable accidents (collisions resulting in disabling damage and/or immediate medical treatment away from the scene) while operating a commercial motor vehicle in the last ten (10) years.
- No preventable* accident resulting in a fatality or catastrophic injury in driving history
* preventability of accidents will be determined by Steelcase based on ATA guidelines
- High school diploma or equivalent; current and valid Interstate (Class A) Commercial Driver's License
- Preferred experience with: peddle run style driving/trips, driver assist at the point of load/unload, loads that require dunnage