Job title: Senior Supply Chain Planner
Department / Company: Customer Value Team / Amway
Location: Ada, MI
What’s special about this team:
The Global Supply Chain Planning team works collaboratively to schedule and distribute product globally, with our Ada based facilities, and global supply chain teams. This role will be a part of the Global Buyout team, which is responsible for aligning and allocating global inventory of finished purchased goods for further distribution to our affiliates. This team thrives on delivering product on time, while minimizing shipping and inventory costs, and delivering cost savings to the supply chain. This role will provide an opportunity for you to touch all facets of the supply chain function and take full ownership of a product portfolio, and allow you to develop a deep breadth of planning knowledge.
How you would contribute to the role:
If you enjoy a seeing the impact of your daily work, and enjoy the challenge of putting together a puzzle, this role may fit you well! In this role, you will manage the buyout of finished goods, and will handle the process the whole way through from the PO for the purchased good, through determining quantity and location, to the final distribution. You will lead activities that align and allocate product at proper levels to balance inventory, and meet the business demands that allow our ABO’s around the globe to be successful.
You will be responsible for developing and managing supplier relationships. Your insights to manage effective inventory and shipping challenges in a global role, will deliver products on time to our ABO’s, whose businesses are built around a commitment of delivering Amway products on time.
What skills and background will be important to be successful:
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a supply chain role that has demonstrated your ability to offer business solutions
- Proficiency with JDA, JDE, Excel, and Microsoft Office
- Understanding of supply chain business processes (Inventory, demand, forecasting, capacity planning, procurement, manufacturing, etc.)
- Learning agility to grasp analytical insights and interpret for meaningful solutions
- Ability to offer thought leadership and strategic recommendations for improvements
- Talent to lead teams, communicate concisely, with the ability to influence stakeholders
- Background in supply chain planning
- BS degree in Supply Chain, Business, or a related function
This role is “Not” eligible for Sponsorship.
If you can see yourself as part of this collaborative environment, visit our web site to apply: www.amway.jobs