Under limited supervision will implement new products into the facility, improve productivity and profitability of existing production processes and provide ongoing support through the manufacturing life cycle. Acts as a technical resource in process technology.
Steelcase provides employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, genetic information, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or veteran status and bases all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. Required Skills
* Floor support: Provides timely product and process support for a manufacturing area to diagnose problems and implement solutions to minimize interruptions in production. Improve process design using Lean principles.
* New product introductions: Serves as a manufacturing representative for the implementation of new product (s) into the plant. Provide product costing data. Assures that new products meet cost/profit targets that they are implemented per schedules and on budget, and they conform to manufacturing capabilities. Establishes economical processes for new products by working with other technical areas. Works with team to evaluate whether to make or purchase parts/products.
* Improvements: Evaluates manufacturing processes to ensure optimal labor and material costs to increase productivity and profitability. Seeks cost reduction opportunities and works with team to implement ideas. Tracks expenditures to ensure outlays are within budgeted amounts. Identifies, reduces, and eliminates worker exposure (s) to ergonomic stress in the work place.
* Special projects: Team member in the implementation of significant product, process or other corporate change initiatives being introduced into the plant or into other Steelcase EMEA or other Steelcase global facilities. Required Experience
* Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering field of study
* 8 years minimum of experience as a Manufacturing Engineer