On Call RN, Full Time/Exempt Opening Available
· Valid MI RN license
· A minimum of 2-3 years experience as a RN, with some Hospice or Home care nursing preferred
· Excellent assessment and critical thinking ability
· Current CPR certification
· Must be able to practice independently
· Working knowledge of adult disease processes
· Must have valid drivers license, current auto insurance and a reliable automobile
· Comfortable with computer charting
· Must be self directed with the ability to work with minimal supervision
· Must be available to work weekday nights and weekends.
As an On-Call Nurse, you will provide skilled nursing care for hospice patients after hours. In this critical role, you respond to patient/family calls by phone or in-person, as required, assess the needs of the patient and/or family and initiate the appropriate care in accordance with physician orders and the interdisciplinary plan of care.
Your care includes administering interventions as prescribed by the physician, and educating the patient/family as appropriate. You also ensure that equipment and other necessary items are services are available.
When the quantity of life is limited, Hospice of North Ottawa Community helps patients and families focus on the quality of life.
Hospice of North Ottawa is located in Grand Haven, Michigan on the shores of Lake Michigan.
Our highly-regarded Hospice team cares for patients in their own homes, in local nursing homes, the hospital, and our Hospice Residence at Heartwood Lodge, helping ease their pain so they can embrace life and live every day to its fullest.
Benefits Offered for Qualified Openings:
· Paid Time Off