Looking for an opportunity to advance your skills and be a part of a growing team? This position is looking for you:
Schedule and coordinates flow of work within or between manufacturing departments (Right Part, Right Place, Right time) to achieve acceptable on time delivery metrics to our customers.
Duties and responsibilities – other duties may be assigned as needed
- Plan, schedule, and prepares work order traveler packet for products, checking component availability, sub-components, then release the work order to production. The traveler packet contains, a work order, quality control plans, and drawings.
- Capacity evaluation overall and at the work center level, trying not to overload areas of capacity concern, moving work into under-utilized areas.
- Relay relevant information to appropriate areas regarding material shortages, potential schedule interruptions and possible equipment maintenance that would affect a smooth and timely production output.
- Make suggestions for areas at capacity to Operations Manager to move people, add shifts, capital investment, outsource, and lastly possibly contact the customer for relief.
- Daily communication of plans and updated schedules with manufacturing to obtain the best on time delivery of work orders while trying to maximum utilization of machines and equipment.
- Provide back up support to the master scheduler - Develops a master schedule balancing customer need with production constraints, daily updates of the manufacturing status via reports. Attend scheduling meetings multiple times per week.
- Revises schedule according to work order adjustments daily, establish priorities, reviewing labor, parts/material, and machines.
- Maintains a detailed production plan within global shop (ERP) and accessible to all manufacturing team members.
- Collaborates with department team supervisors to determine and/or expedite progress of work. Provides information to inside sales and other stake holders to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Key Performance Indicators include but not limited to on-time delivery customer, hours earned, past due hours, shipments, on-time delivery out of production, inventory responsibility for make to stocks dollar levels – wall to wall, excess, and aged material.
- Analytics – Past, present, and future forecast data to generate reports and create more level loaded schedules to satisfy customer demand.
- Manage/monitors customer replenishment programs. Establish customers safety stock levels within global shop by populating re-order fields to match documentation provided by sales. Sales needs to maintain a shared folder system where all customer agreements and liability are stored access this when needed so levels of inventory can be accessed and monitored.
- Maintains ISO standard operating procedures and system documentation in support of order entry, scheduling, and bucket management for capacity. Cross train and procedure sign offs as needed.
- Provides Purchasing with information pertaining to company/customer strategies to ensure customer expectations are met within risk/liability constraints agreed upon by DeWys. Assistance in obtaining specific program/item information as required.
- Assist quality/Inside sales in rework, replacement, of nonconforming products.
- Coordinate engineering change requests with inside sales, purchasing, manufacturing, and engineering for proper implementation and disposal of obsolete inventory.
- Associate degree, technical school or 5 or more years’ experience in manufacturing, preferably metal fabrication, and a job shop environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret engineering prints/specifications, work orders, safety/work rules, and ISO procedures. Ability to effectively present information, communicate, and responds to questions from team members, customers, and suppliers.
- Efficient in Microsoft Excel and Access (a plus).
- General math skills: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in all units of measure, using whole number, common fractions, and decimals.
- Critical thinking skills to deal with a variety of concrete and abstract variables in situations where only limited standardization exists to solve issues. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Maintain a professional etiquette and appearance within an office setting.
As a full-service sheet metal fabricator, DeWys Metal Solutions and it's companies serve multiple industries across the U.S. with advanced product development, press brake, welding, and powder coating services. Companies have counted on us for more than 40 years because we listen carefully to their needs, collaborate closely, and consistently deliver uncompromised craftsmanship, often within a compressed timeframe.
Benefits Begin Day 1:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short/Long term disability
- 401(k) matching
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
- Referral Bonuses
- Flexible Scheduling
- Monthly Bonus Opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Team member assistance program(EAC)
- On-Site Coaching
- Paid training through DeWys University
- Air-Conditioned Work Area