MRI Tech AWS - Radiology * Evenings - 24hrs/wk
Requisition #: req1818
Shift: Evenings (11a-1130p)
FTE status: 0.6
This is an all weekend shift position that will work every Saturday and Sunday.
Responsibility to perform various MRI procedures that require independent judgement. As a registered MRI technologist, the work will include ordering, injecting, and scanning of the patients. This position requires independent judgment and assumes responsibility for designated area. A high regard for patient and staff safety in the presence of a strong magnetic field is a must. The technologist also assumes responsibility for designated area.
As an AWS staff member you will be responsible to work all weekends except for four weekend days that can be taken off as PTO. The employee will also be asked to fill in periodically for other shifts during the week.
- Satisfactory completion of formal radiographic technology program in an AMA-approved school and successful completion of board registry by ARRT.
- Preferably a member of either ASRT or MSRT or both.
- Minimum of 6 months experience in MRI or will cross-train an individual that is ARRT registered.
- Current BLS certification - Basic life support.
- Maintain ARRT certification.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate the appropriate knowledge of all protocols and parameters.
- Demonstrate the knowledge of the injection rates for each scan protocol.
- Understands the effect of transfer, reformats, removes, display and archives images
- Screening of patients and other individuals who will be entering the scan room
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge of the PACS and RIS systems.
- Recognizes and applies the appropriate prep for each exam performed.
- Cite the scan parameter of each anatomical study performed.
- Ability to assemble the appropriate sterile and non-sterile equipment setup for each special procedure.
- Assist radiology nurse in sedation procedures and follow the appropriate prep listed for specific exams.
- Proficient at starting P.V.A.D’s when necessary.
- Apply the appropriate coil for procedure performed.
- Understands the difference between Non-Ferrous vs. Ferrous equipment.
- Practices good safety precautions when handling ferrous equipment around the MRI unit.
- Participates in rotating on-call duties in the department if it is deemed necessary by supervisor or department manager.