Today, with our current team members, we have the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.The Finance Project Specialist is responsible for automating and improving financial processes. The Finance Project Specialist performs and applies finance, information technology and project management best practices, as well as internal standards, to ensure business requirements and compliance are met. The Finance Project Specialist focuses on innovation, process simplification, cost containment and impact on corporate systems in the Finance Area.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Lead payroll and other finance projects from the documentation of business requirements through testing and implementation of new process. Develop roll-out plans and coordinate with appropriate cross-functional business partners.
- Support compliance system changes and system updates/enhancements for payroll and other finance projects/areas.
- Assist in development of the payroll and finance area road maps and functional vision to improve business process in environment of accelerated store growth.
- Provide support, perform testing and guide programming changes for system upgrades/modification and other finance related projects.
- End to End Project Management; needs assessment, gap analysis, create project deliverables, establish project milestones, successfully deliver new system/process to business area.
- Determines feasibility of potential systems modifications and changes. Develops best strategy for these changes and ensures they are configured to specifications.
- Responsible for financial controls, and oversight of project resources; financial and staff.
- Evaluates impact to financial systems; provides recommendations and solutions for process controls, implementation.
- Conducts internal and external interviews of stakeholders, software and implementation vendors participating in RFPs.
- Maintains integrity of the system design to limit customization.
- Will exercise independent discretion and judgment with sole responsibility for decision making.
- Conducts financial analysis, feasibility studies and cost/benefits to support business initiatives or changing objectives.
- Identifies, leads and implements continuous process improvements and projects.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance strongly preferred, or equivalent related work experience
- 5+ years of experience in accounting, finance, statistics.
- Experience with an HR/Payroll system of record. (Workday experience preferred)
- SAFe Agile or other related project management experience.
- Knowledge of project management techniques is required (cross-functional experience is highly desirable).
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills.
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs.