PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU WILL RECEIVE AN EMAIL NOTIFICATION SOON AFTER YOU APPLY LETTING YOU KNOW THE NEXT STEP IN THE HIRING PROCESS. YOU WILL NEED TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL TO MOVE FORWARD IN THE HIRING PROCESS.
At Meijer, it's about our people and their success. Today, we have more than 65,000 employees with the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.
What You’ll Be Doing:
We have openings for Retail Clerk positions in the following areas: Foods, Deli, Bakery, Produce, Drugstore, General Merchandise, Inventory, Pricing, and Service. You will have the opportunity to gain exposure to a variety of retail tasks related to additional services provided by our store, product and customer service. You will create those ‘WOW’ moments that have a positive and lasting impact on our customers. That’s something worth celebrating every day!
- Provide product suggestions and assist customers with special orders
- Ensure quality service and products for customers by following safety and sanitation procedures
- Respond to customer questions in an effective and efficient
- Work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Build trustful relationships with customers to encourage return visits
- Stock product and product displays according to merchandising standards
- Possess a sense of urgency and comfort level to be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Display a friendly and outgoing attitude that is shown through good eye contact and body language
- Process driven and ability to follow procedures in an organized and efficient way
- Ability to lift, carry, push, pull, bend and twist while handling product
- Desire to work with customers on a consistent basis
- Competitive Wages
- Medical/Prescription/Dental/Vision Plan Coverage
- Meijer 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Days Off & Holiday Pay
- Team Member Discount
- Meijer Scholarship Opportunities for Team Members and their immediate families
- Leadership Development Training Opportunities