Patient Registration Representative - Patient Registration * Evenings - 20hrs/wk.
Requisition #: req1435
FTE status: 0.5
Under the direct supervision of the Patient Access Manager, the patient registration representative is responsible to obtain demographic, financial, and insurance information from patients and/or their representatives to ensure prompt insurance reimbursement.
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent required.
- College Education: 1-2 years preferred.
- Certified Healthcare Associate Certification (CHAA) preferred.
- 2-3 years prior experience in Hospital, Medical Registration/Billing experience required or equivalent medical schooling.
- Medical Terminology preferred.
- Knowledge of CPT-4 and ICD-9/10 recommended.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Obtain demographic, financial, and insurance information from patients and/or their representatives to ensure prompt insurance reimbursement.
- Verify insurance for patients through Real Time Eligibility.
- Collect patient co-pays, deductibles, and any outstanding balance accounts.
- Completes Epic work queues daily.
- Completes accounts in AHIQA daily.
- Responsible for daily cash reconciliation.
- Required to work on-call and holiday schedules.
- Ability to utilize a workstation on wheels (WOW) when completing bedside registrations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all situations.
- Maintain excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Other duties as assigned.