Are you looking for a summer job by the lakeshore? If so, our seasonal housekeeper position is a great opportunity to consider! This position is responsible for house cleaning along with indoor and outdoor maintenance of private residences in Holland, MI. Approximate schedule is up to 30 hours/week (May - September) with some holiday and weekend shifts. Great opportunity for high school, college students, or confident individuals with a high attention to detail who love to keep things organized.
Culture of Care
RDV Staffing provides full-time, part-time and seasonal domestic, household and property related positions predominately in West Michigan. We recruit only the most skilled and dedicated people who are service-oriented, collaborative, adaptable, and who possess the highest level of integrity. Our employees experience a meaningful workplace where they can make a valuable and appreciated impact in the household(s) that they serve. Full-time employees of RDV Staffing are eligible for a robust healthcare program, 401(k) plan with a generous 7.5% match, time off, and other meaningful benefits.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform daily detailed cleaning of private residences as well as outdoor pools and pool house: e.g. clean, vacuum, and dust floors, furnishings, hallways, fixtures, lavatories, mirrors, windows at a reachable level; change bedding, wash sheets and towels, empty trash, etc.
- Clean guest house prior to, and at conclusion of, guests’ stay and on an as-needed basis when occupied.
- Consult and work closely with the full-time Housekeeper to coordinate operational requirements to ensure readiness of residences for occupancy as scheduled.
- Assist with seasonal preparation of residences; requires flexibility in hours worked and duties performed.
- Monitor inventory levels and advise Housekeeper Supervisor of need to replenish household cleaning supplies and personal care products.
- Must be proactive in ensuring Estate and Property Manager are aware of important issues which impact efficient operations of the homes. Report household maintenance/repair problems to Estate Manager and/or Property Manager.
- In addition to routine housekeeping responsibilities, specific projects related to general residential upkeep will be required periodically.
- When family is in residence, may provide assistance to Private Household Chef.
- Prepare all rooms for guests in advance of arrival: e.g. flowers, appropriate toiletries and amenities.
- Assist with support of special events (including being onsite for events as needed) that take place at the residence.
- Exercise open communications with other household staff.
- Use computer for household staff email communication.
Elements of Success
- Previous housekeeping experience required.
- Responsibilities are conducted in the home(s) of the client of RDV Staffing. While an employer/employee relationship exists, it is important that employee is genuinely committed to being part of the household staff team whose goal is to positively contribute to a Christian home environment.
- Preservation of a quiet and peaceful household atmosphere is essential. Cleaning of the home must be conducted around family’s activities, with sensitivity to privacy of family members at all times. This requires flexibility to determine which rooms to clean at what time in order to be least intrusive to presence of family, i.e. if bedrooms are occupied by family members.
- Equipment will be provided by employer, i.e. brooms, dusters, extendible dusters, vacuums, cloths, gloves, carts, kneepads, step stools, ladders, etc. Cleaning solutions and methods of operation will be overseen by Estate Manager. If a question arises as to how or when an item should be cleaned, Estate Manager will provide guidance.
- Must be a responsible, flexible, dedicated, and dependable person of highest integrity; neat and tidy in appearance; willing to dress in required uniform; organized and reliable; positive in attitude; and one who demonstrates pride in service which he/she provides.
- Flexibility in scheduling is essential to meet seasonal and staffing requirements. This position will include weekend and holiday shifts in addition to regular shifts.
- Must be attentive to details to assure the private residences are presented to “Five Star” quality standards.
- The family’s privacy is of critical importance; the highest level of confidentiality in the business and personal matters of the family must be exercised at all times.