Currently, Meijer is looking for a Construction Project Manager. This position works within the Meijer Properties/Construction department. Project Manager works closely with design resources, construction management firms, general contractors, and other consultants to administrate construction projects. Accountable for budgeting, bidding, contract awards, and all construction-related financial reporting. Manages pre-construction activities and is the primary project execution strategist. Approves all contractor invoices, change orders, etc. including release of final payments and retention.
- Functions as a resource to Meijer Design, outside A/E firms, etc., during design development.
- Estimates, budgets, and establishes detailed construction cost projections.
- Administers construction purchase orders.
- Oversees pre-construction, construction, and post construction activities.
- Project reporting which includes risk strategy, bid results, job costs, progress update, and closeout.
- Coordinates with Business Partners in the field execution of projects.
- Regulatory compliance which includes storm water pollution prevention safety and permit requirements.
- Responsible for project closeout, final reporting, administers warranties and compliance with document retention requirements.
This job profile is not all-inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or related field preferred.
- 3-5 years of proven success in construction project management.
- Able to read and comprehend construction drawings and technical specifications.
- Effective verbal and written communicator.
- Familiar with commercial construction practices, Project Management software, accounting systems, etc.