We are a small agency based in Ada, MI that offers its employees flexibility, a positive work environment, and growth.
The Company: M.W. Smith & Associates, LLC is a family operated agency for over 30 years and specializes in group benefits, financial planning, health insurance, and more. We are known for the great care we take with clients and employees alike.
- Our agency is passionate about our clients, our employees, and the work we perform. We embrace a workplace where our employees feel like they are part of a family.
- We believe in providing personalized service through integrity, trust, relationships, and success.
The Position: We’re looking for a part-time, Monday through Friday, administrative assistant. The pay range we’re offering is based on experience.
- High School Diploma required. Associates Degree, or equivalent clerical/administrative related experience.
- Minimum 1-year administrative experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge in the basics of health insurance and group benefits.
- Excellent computer skills – Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to exercise judgment, discretion, and always maintain strict confidentiality on sensitive information.
- Strong and pleasant telephone and interpersonal skills, and the ability to deal professionally with clients and co-workers on the phone and in person.
- Assists with answering incoming calls.
- Provide administrative support to the account manager.
- Provide administrative support to the President.
- Collecting and analyzing information and spreadsheeting.
- Coordinate and assist with special projects as needed, including research, documentation, reporting, presentations, etc.
- Ordering miscellaneous office items, general office filing
*The ideal candidate for this position will be able to multitask, be proactive and take initiative to jump in and be a team player.*
The Location: M.W. Smith & Associates, LLC is based in Ada, MI. Our office hours are from 8 AM to 5 PM. Our office location is an excellent area for getting lunch, local shops, and close to I96 highway.