Today, with our current team members, we have the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.Provides quality support to IT users, employing a high degree of customer service, technical expertise, and timeliness. Provides first-level assistance for defined problems; escalates trouble tickets as necessary to higher level staff. Interacts frequently with customers; and must be effective in interpersonal communication and problem solving. Uses a high degree of patience and problem management techniques to solve problems. Follows through on resolution with users. Consults solution base to optimize problem resolution. Adheres to established standards in resolving problems. Tracks calls and enters solution data into solution base. Performs administrative functions for pagers, printers, and Helpdesk tools.
What You'll be Doing:
- Provides accurate and creative solutions to user problems of moderate nature to ensure user productivity.
- Enhances and develops quality support methods and communication skills through coaching feedback and other developmental approaches.
- Assists in the resolution of user and support issues among company sites to ensure timely distribution of knowledge and positive impact on user satisfaction.
- Researches, resolves, and responds to questions received via telephone calls, letters, and callbacks in a timely manner, in accordance with standards.
- Escalates problems to appropriate individual based on established guidelines and procedures.
- Makes Add, Delete, and Modify changes to printer control tables and printer appliances.
- Makes Add, Delete, Modify changes to pager tables and controls the physical pager inventory.
- Makes Add, Delete, and Modify changes to Incident Ticket application tool and Helpdesk Processes document tool.
- Acquires and maintains current knowledge of relevant product offerings and support policies to provide technically accurate solutions to customers.
- Attends training sessions and possibly assists in training workshops.
- Participates in team projects that enhance the quality or efficiency of Helpdesk service.
- Assists in special product-related issues as needed.
- Develops business and technical writing skills.
- This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or required.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline or equivalent work experience and technical training is required.
- 2+ years of experience in computer systems or IT support.
- Understanding of multi-platform environments.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; telephone etiquette.
- Ability to use customer service standards and follow guidelines, as well as to help others interpret policy.
- Thorough understanding of trouble ticket process.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills (technical and non-technical).
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of client trust and confidence in the group’s knowledge of and concern for clients’ needs.
- Capable of involvement in multiple projects through all life-cycle phases, ensuring they are in accordance with established direction and standards.
- Broad range of application, network, and desktop knowledge is highly desirable.