Position Title: Wellness Guide, Skilled Nursing
Hours: Full time, Day shift (some evenings required for events)
Location: Porter Hills Village Health & Rehab Center, 3600 E. Fulton Street, Grand Rapids, MI 49546 and Green House Homes, 1029 E. Paris Avenue, Grand Rapids, MI 49546
Purpose: The primary purpose of this position is to direct meaningful engagement for the residents of Porter Hills Health and Rehab Center, and Green House Homes.
- Provide supervision and consultation on Wellness principles and programs.
- Meet with team and other care partners as scheduled or needed to discuss Elders' needs and progress in identifying and correcting problems.
- Plan, lead, support and participate in meaningful activities with Elders and teammates.
- Order, distribute and maintain a supply of recreational and diversional materials, accessible to each area of living.
- Complete in-depth assessment of each Elder and provide specific materials identified through assessment process or other means as being of interest to the Elders for meaningful activity pursuits.
- Provide education and support of all dimensions of wellness and person-directed care to all employees of the HRC and Green House Homes ®.
- Maintains measurable data to evaluate program outcomes and maintains records of program participants.
- Participates in the development of and monitors the budget for wellness within the HRC and GHH.
- Recommends business metrics and quality indicators to evaluate operational performance.
- Actively participates in daily clinical, Quality of Life and QAPI meetings.
- Responsible for appropriate MDS requirements in HRC and GHH.
- Bachelor's degree preferred, with education and/or experience in the aging process and health promotion.
- Must be a qualified therapeutic recreation specialist or an activities professional who is licensed by this state and is eligible for certification as a recreation specialist or as an activities professional; or must have, as a minimum, two years' experience in a social or recreation program within the last five years, in an activities program in a health care setting; or must be a qualified occupational therapist or occupational therapy assistant; or must have completed a training course approved by this state.
- Proven ability to successfully implement appropriate and meaningful programming.
- Must have relevant computer experience.
- Excellent communication skills for communicating with individuals of all ages, especially the geriatric population.
Number of Openings
Porter Hills Village
About the Organization
Porter Hills is a care provider of choice in West Michigan, with a strong reputation and 43+ years of experience. Porter Hills invests in knowledge, programs and services that are redefining quality of life for seniors and their families in West Michigan. We model innovative practices that integrate care, community and commerce in exciting new ways. We lead strategic collaborations that bring out the best in the elder care sector for the benefit of all.
Full-Time or Part-Time
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.