Job title: Associate Tax Analyst I
Department / Division: International Tax / Global Finance
Location: Ada, MI
What’s special about this team:
The Corporate Tax Department is responsible for tax compliance, tax accounting, and tax planning for Amway’s worldwide organization. The Domestic team focuses on all Federal, State, and Local compliance including areas related to income tax, excise tax, sales and use tax, property tax, and tax credits. As an Associate Tax Analyst, I, you are joining a team of talented professionals, and will report to the Manager of Corporate Tax. This team comprised of CPAs and non-CPAs handle a wide variety of tax exposures, providing support for all US based tax work. If you are seeking a role that provides a broad platform to learn and grow in a global organization, this role can offer growth in a compelling complex global tax arena!
How you would contribute to the role:
If you enjoy tax work in the corporate finance arena and would enjoy a role that has you focused on US tax compliance, consider this cool opportunity! This role will have you working on preparation of Amway income tax returns and assisting in the preparation of tax accounting projects for various corporate departments. You will also support federal and state tax audits and will handle federal and state tax notices. This role will also require tax research work that will allow you to demonstrate your talent to formulate conclusions and make recommendations. You will also have an opportunity to support the scoping, design, testing, implementation, ongoing maintenance and continued improvement of the process, procedures and technology solutions that are implemented supporting this role and its activities. This is a special opportunity for you to be part of a larger corporate team offering a wide breath of taxation exposures in a complex global environment. This is a cool role for someone who wants to grow their career in the tax area, gaining exposures in a large global company.
What skills and background will be important to be successful:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 1 - 2+ years of Accounting/Finance experience with exposure to tax desirable
- Strong Excel skills, plus Alteryx or Tableau skills are helpful
- Experience with OneSource software and Oracle Business Systems – JDE and EBS is helpful CPA, MBA, or MST a plus
- Understanding of general financial principles, accounting, and working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and how to apply these principles.
- Ability to read, interpret and draw accurate conclusions from financial and numerical material.
- Effectively communicating and presenting complex financial data (both verbally and written) to influence all levels and global audiences; helps others understand financial data and translate it into actionable business insights
*This position is NOT eligible for sponsorship*