University of Michigan Health-West is seeking a full-time board eligible/board certified Hematologist/Oncologist. High caliber, quality focused, innovative physicians should apply to join our cancer care team of physicians to expand and provide care to local communities. Michigan Medicine and University of Michigan Health systems create an opportunity for program collaboration, mentorship, and research if desired.
Physician candidate will be performing full spectrum of both hematology and oncology patient care, including but not limited of new patient referrals, established patients actively in treatment and follow up care. Candidate will need to coordinate and collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to ensure a positive experience for all patients, families, and staff.
MISSION, VISION, VALUES and CUSTOMER PROMISE
- MISSION: We are relentlessly advancing health to serve West Michigan.
- VISION: Our innovations change care. Our care changes lives.
- VALUES: Our values reflect our heritage and the legacy of all we’ve accomplished in the past and will build in the future. Caring, innovation, inclusion, integrity, teamwork
- CUSTOMER PROMISE: I will bring compassion and excellence to everything that I do.
- Comprehensive; multi-disciplinary oncology service line including network access to subspecialties including but not limited to Radiation Oncology, Neuro Oncology, Surgical Oncology, Gynecologic Oncology
- Health system employed medical group model, offering a highly market competitive and non-academic compensation plan
- Expansive Cancer Network serving much of the West Michigan region and Lake Michigan shoreline
- Extensive Primary Care referral network
- Full complement of ancillary support staff and programs; Infusion, Care Management, Social Work, Nurse Navigation, Nurse triage, Research, Clinical Trials Laboratory, Pharmacy
- Malpractice coverage
- Program marketing
- Partnering team of specialists
- Affiliation with the University of Michigan and access to the UM Rogel Cancer Center
ABOUT UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN HEALTH-WEST:
University of Michigan Health-West serves more than 250,000 patients annually from across West Michigan – and beyond. In addition to a 208-bed hospital, which provides a comprehensive suite of inpatient and outpatient healthcare services, University of Michigan Health-West has a growing number of neighborhood outpatient centers and offices throughout West Michigan. The University of Michigan Health Partners group aims to provide an innovative culture of inclusion and diversity in the work setting; along with a progressive work-life integration focus to achieve the best possible patient outcomes. Medical education is a key cornerstone to our continued innovation at UMHW, offering seven different residency programs and one fellowship program to over 80 learners. With more than 500 physicians on staff, University of Michigan Health-West provides a strategic roadmap of growth in all areas of the integrated healthcare system. Specifically, continued growth in our Heart and Vascular care, Neurosciences, Cancer Care and Orthopedics; partnered with continued growth of a very strong primary care team has allowed UMHW to become the premier healthcare institution in the region and a regional referral center for care. UMHP/UMH-West is proud to serve a diverse patient population; with that, the ideal candidate for this position would have experience working with culturally diverse patients and be fluent in any of the following languages: English, Spanish, Vietnamese, Nepali and Bosnian.
ABOUT THE CANCER NETWORK OF WEST MICHIGAN:
The recent agreement to develop The Cancer Network of West Michigan, a joint venture between University of Michigan Health- Michigan Medicine, University of Michigan Health-West and Trinity Health leverages the combined resources and capabilities of the two West Michigan health systems and Michigan Medicine, the academic medical center of the University of Michigan. The Cancer Network of West Michigan encompasses three West Michigan campuses including: University of Michigan Health-West located in Wyoming, MI, Trinity Health Saint Mary’s located in Grand Rapids, MI and Trinity Health Mercy Muskegon located in Muskegon, MI.
- University of Michigan affiliated hospital system
- Located in beautiful West Michigan
- 15 minutes from Gerald R. Ford International Airport
- Approximately 35 minutes from Lake Michigan
- Affordable housing in both suburban and rural settings
- Supportive and diverse community with highly ranked public and private schools